Off-the-chart-demand for govt Senior Complex as all expensive units snapped up

snoop1130

Off-the-chart-demand for govt Senior Complex as all expensive units snapped up

By The Nation

800_527fcc451c1fc94.jpg

All expensive units at the government’s first senior housing complex are now booked up, less than a week after it opened for reservations.

Units priced at Bt2.1 million, Bt2.8 million, and Bt2.99 million at the Senior Complex in Samut Prakan, were all snapped up by Friday, after reservations opened on Monday.

Built by the Treasury Department, the Bt3-billion complex is the first government housing project for the elderly developed under the government’s policy for the ageing society.

Units priced at Bt1.82 million and Bt1.99 million units are still available for reservation until the end of this month.

Senior Complex is located on 72 rai of state land in Bang Phli district.

It features seven eight-storey buildings with a total of 921 rooms, ranging in size between 31.7 and 49.66 square metres. The common area houses a branch of Ramathibodi Hospital as well as an activity zone that includes a swimming pool, clubhouse and fitness room.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397908

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-13

Not mentioned in the OP advertisement is that not only are the rooms tiny but there is a monthly 30,000 baht fee.

This is a project targeting middle class retirees. The bulk of the population wouldn't have a hope of affording this.

(Further information is in a rival Bangkok publication)

On 11/13/2020 at 6:18 PM, YetAnother said:

that means it is just a bedroom  with a micro bathroom

5 hours ago, fantom said:

Not mentioned in the OP advertisement is that not only are the rooms tiny but there is a monthly 30,000 baht fee.

This is a project targeting middle class retirees. The bulk of the population wouldn't have a hope of affording this.

(Further information is in a rival Bangkok publication)

My parents unfortunately moved into an elderly home in Europe recently.

I haven't seen the room yet, as I can't return to Thailand if I travel there, but I very much doubt they are even 31sqm.

They have 2 adjoined rooms, because one room would be too small for 2 people, and they pay over 80.000 Baht per month. EACH.

For that they don't get even their clothes washed, but have to let relatives take care of that.

No they didn't select the most luxury elderly home, they choose the CHEAPEST one which was within reasonable distance for the family to visit, and it is in an urban area./

Maybe the cynics on this forum should get a life, because makes me sick to the stomach

My 92 year old mom is in a home in central Virginia in the U.S.  1 room of about 30 sqm.  Room and board and assistance with bathing and dressing is about 155,000 baht/month.  Supplemental health insurance, meds, some physical therapy and phone/TV adds another 30,000. 

Yesterday she called and wanted me to come get her or they were going to shoot her. A little while back, they moved her room to the 5th floor.  It's a two story building.  SIGH.

8 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

My 92 year old mom is in a home in central Virginia in the U.S.  1 room of about 30 sqm.  Room and board and assistance with bathing and dressing is about 155,000 baht/month.  Supplemental health insurance, meds, some physical therapy and phone/TV adds another 30,000. 

Yesterday she called and wanted me to come get her or they were going to shoot her. A little while back, they moved her room to the 5th floor.  It's a two story building.  SIGH.

Ahlzheimer's is a terrible thing for any relative. My son cares for my ex-wife, who regularly makes allegations the district nurse who visits her is stealing her money, and wants the locks changed every month to deter burglars. The unit has never been broken into, it's a country town.

If your mother moved to Chiang Mai, top line care near Doi Saket is 90,000 baht/month. There's another one somewhere in the Hang Dong at 40,000 baht/month.

Personally, I'd prefer being able to top myself with a nice sleeping draught before I reached that condition.

3 hours ago, Susco said:

My parents unfortunately moved into an elderly home in Europe recently.

I haven't seen the room yet, as I can't return to Thailand if I travel there, but I very much doubt they are even 31sqm.

They have 2 adjoined rooms, because one room would be too small for 2 people, and they pay over 80.000 Baht per month. EACH.

For that they don't get even their clothes washed, but have to let relatives take care of that.

No they didn't select the most luxury elderly home, they choose the CHEAPEST one which was within reasonable distance for the family to visit, and it is in an urban area./

Maybe the cynics on this forum should get a life, because makes me sick to the stomach

And is why I keep a suicide clause in my life insurance active.  If I can not take care of myself and am not getting better ever, why would I subject my family to the prolonged pain, both from a psychological and monetary point of view, for what is eventually coming anyway.  If you have lived your life as fully as you want, be greateful.

11 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

And is why I keep a suicide clause in my life insurance active.  If I can not take care of myself and am not getting better ever, why would I subject my family to the prolonged pain, both from a psychological and monetary point of view, for what is eventually coming anyway.  If you have lived your life as fully as you want, be greateful.

Don't confuse an elderly home with a elderly care home. My parents are 92 and 95, they can take care of themselves, but they are to old to maintain a big house

An elderly care home would cost a multiple of 80K Baht

• Like 1