41 per cent of Thais barely make ends meet: poll

rooster59

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

Unless you leave in the the boondocks of Thailand you wouldn't know that so many are financially strapped, living in the big cities of Thailand you don't see baggers, no raggedy people milling about, no one sleeps in the rough, i think that because to be poor and something to be ashamed of and Thais will do their utmost to hide it..

have you even been to bangkok? there are an awful lot of homeless people and beggars on the streets; silom, rachaprasong, sanam luang, to name but three areas...

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And now lets compare Thailand to the rest of the world.

I am not pretending that in Thailand everything is fine. But living paycheck to paycheck is pretty normal for many people in many so called developed countries.

565479583b899a84322a7a63_world-populatio

See the text in the bottom right corner - your data is from 2008.

• Like 2

More than 41 per cent of Thais have no savings and are living pay cheque to pay cheque, a new poll shows.

And more than 41 per cent of Thais have no savings and are living from their hand in their mouth, a new poll shows.

And some percent of Thais have no idea what they'll eat tomorrow.

But the tourists from China will soon come and do the trick. Nieeehaauuuu. 

IMO, the Pinocchio didn't do enough to create jobs for his folks. Where are the factories in Isaan?

How many people survive with a soup kitchen on wheels is another topic. They belong to the rich Thais now, or what? 

It doesn't look good to me, only for the ones who work for the government.

Edited by teacherclaire

On 11/15/2020 at 7:07 AM, ThailandRyan said:

I hope your being sarcastic.  I see beggars everyday on street corners on the Skywalk, homeless sleeping around lumpini park, in closed doorways and such here in Bangkok.  

compare to Amerika and Thailand is in excellent position!

On 11/15/2020 at 4:36 PM, ronaldo0 said:

Seems they now ship them abroad as samui is full of them ! I have met people whose parents pay them to stay away from their house , paid for kids to set up businesses destined to fail and do after years of parents bailing them out , who give their kids monthly amounts of money while the kid works in a teaching job or as a manager in a bar getting paid peanuts . Oh and when I say kids I mean adults 30-45 year old who have no shame taking their parents cash ! 

unfortunately the world full of those fools, not only in Thailand.

• Like 1