Thai Music

dfwbkk

It is always nice to be locked in a room with a beautiful lady such as you Viviana 
hmmmmmmmmm but who said I was in the room???? :D
I see the dishes are'nt done yet 

Just all there waiting for you!!!

and how come I hear no Bird in the background?????????????????????

LOL

Sorry Moderators for this out-of-topic... but I could not help myself!!! :o

siripon (bow rak see dam) to name just one!

jintarrah (sang some stuff with bird)

nook noi

oowee (anyone remember "pobmiamarduayreu")

lookpae maithai (i think one of them is nook noi's son)

rocksadert (brrilliant version of siripon's classic "bow rak see dam")

rocksaleng (how can anybody not like motersai hang)

syan nirandorn

loso

karabow

karawan

somjit bortorng

many many more that i cant name because, although i can read thai to a certain extent, the Thai script written on most tapes/cd's is a bit much for me.

To be honest I very rarely listen to western music anymore.Even when I return to the UK it's generally Thai stuff that sends me to and from work, and off to sleep at night!

Anybody else feel the same?

To all of you who listen to that ol' Queen "Da Birt" AKA Thongchai McIntyre who has been around for ages now, you all need to get some music counseling. At least he no longer shows up crying with his mother on the Saturday afternoon TV teenie bopper music concerts. But will I ever get his most famous lyrics out of my mind?

sabaay, sabaay, chan rak tae phuu chai

As for listenable Thai music I much prefer luuk tung/Isaan music. If there is no Khen playing then the music lacks Tai soul.

Jintara and Rock Saderk are my favorite female singers.

Jintara came to our town last year some time Penz, not sure if you were around.

But, being the only farang in the audience the wife and I were given front row seats, of course every singer and comedian pointed us out and the ladyboy (because there always is one) wanted to meet me afterwards :o

Anyway Jintara asked us to have a chat with her after the show, we had a great time and I have been a fan ever since.

You should have seen how big my mother-in-laws face was when we kept getting pointed out and after when she met Jinny (yep, we are now that close :D )

priceless :D

Just bought Bird/Sek album (loso and bird) not bad. the first song "om pra mah pood" truly is an awsome song.

regarding eee-stuarts post, who are karabow? :D carabao maybe.

Theres a small live music club in pattaya that is lucky enough to have carabao members playing there occasionally, also loso and asanee wasan have been there also. :o:D

Absolutley Dave , as a guitarist myself I have learnt a few Carabao tracks ,theres some awesome playing in a rough edged way , and would love to jam them with the likes of Lam one day!

I imagine the majority of posters here don't know about Lam ( Supporting Deep Purple in the 70's etc) but that's their loss!

:o

To be honest I very rarely listen to western music anymore.Even when I return to the UK it's generally Thai stuff that sends me to and from work, and off to sleep at night!

Anybody else feel the same?

Me too!

Strange, the last time I mentioned about thai music hardly got any response.

I thought how wierd I was to be one of the very few foreigners to like thai music.

Glad to see so many responses this time!

Absolutley Dave , as a guitarist myself I have learnt a few Carabao tracks ,theres some awesome playing in a rough edged way , and would love to jam them with the likes of Lam one day!

I imagine the majority of posters here don't know about Lam ( Supporting Deep Purple in the 70's etc) but that's their loss!

:D

chon.

let me know when your in pattaya, i will make it happen. :D

you are one of the few i've met that know about the DP thing. :o

"I imagine the majority of posters here don't know about Lam ( Supporting Deep Purple in the 70's etc) but that's their loss!"

I heard him play on Kho Samui in '98, was wondering why they were Deep Purple songs until told who he is. Liked it.

"I imagine the majority of posters here don't know about Lam ( Supporting Deep Purple in the 70's etc) but that's their loss!"

I heard him play on Kho Samui in '98, was wondering why they were Deep Purple songs until told who he is. Liked it.

He's still great, He plays for us 6 nights a week, not bad for a 60 year old. :o

He's still great, He plays for us 6 nights a week, not bad for a 60 year old. :o

What is the name of your bar Dave?

regarding eee-stuarts post, who are karabow? :o  carabao may be

If we're going to be all picky and pedantic I suppose the only correct way to spell it would be คาราบาว

To be even more picky...as it is not Thai but Tagalog, the correct way to spell it actually is Carabao - meaning water buffalo.

(Aet used to study in Manila.)

Micro anyone?

I used to like them alot many years ago and just re-discovered them buying the 2 vcd collection. Like the blue cd the best, with the slower songs.

Also like Atsani Wasan. I thank them for knowing the whole name of Bkk in Thai.

(although I kind of have to sing it :o )

Phumphuang Duangjan....best voice ever? I just love to hear her sing.

Sad about her much to early departure.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm quite a fan of Tata Young  , however her latest album is in English, so don't know if that can be classified as Thai music, but not bad anyway. Check out the Sexy,Naught,Bitchy Video here.

If you mean 'Sexy Beat', which starts with 'Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy', I think only the first three tracks are in English - the rest are in Thai. It strikes me as curious that the English lyrics aren't transliterated into the Thai alphabet. I think the album is called 'Sexy Beat' - the title pages on the video of the 'karaoke' version label it 'Saxy Beat'!

Correction: You do mean the album 'I believe', not the karaoke collection 'Sexy Beat'.

Edited by Richard W