Jomtien only giving 30 days

I had a 60day extend for visiting my Thai wife from Jomtien. Reports say that Jomtien are only giving 30  days extensions due to Covid. I thought I would go to a hotel in Bangkok then to Chaeng Wattana to  get a 60 day  extension. My other thought was going to Rayong and doing similar. Does anyone see any problems associated with this or advise otherwise.

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, just note that 60 day extensions are being done at MTT and not CW.

You would need tm30 from hotel in bkk if you apply there.

Thank you Dr Jack. I also read your post about getting there. Useful. Off to Bangkok now. Regards

2 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Thank you Dr Jack. I also read your post about getting there. Useful. Off to Bangkok now. Regards

I would take along screenshot of the "affidavit" that MTT has been providing.

Did you read thread about the process etc.  

Also, I think that online appointment is required.

Someone with first hand experience can confirm. 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I would take along screenshot of the "affidavit" that MTT has been providing.

Did you read thread about the process etc.  

Also, I think that online appointment is required.

Someone with first hand experience can confirm. 

Thanks again. I went through lots of threads and read varying reports. I did make an appointment at MTT and have a screen shot of the affidavit. I will try and print them and also cancelled plane ticket emails  and  refusal of embassy letter. Cheers.

12 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Thanks again. I went through lots of threads and read varying reports. I did make an appointment at MTT and have a screen shot of the affidavit. I will try and print them and also cancelled plane ticket emails  and  refusal of embassy letter. Cheers.

With regards to these 60day extensions, keep in mind that Ubonjoe has stated (I think) that nothing official has been announced.

I notice in your OP that you mention your previous 60 day extension based on visiting wife. 

I hope that these "unofficial" extensions are applicable to married guys. It is possible that immigration wants those guys to move to annual extensions. There were many guys here that entered on ME non o marriage. Thinking many have now changed to annual extensions.

Did you try and call 1178 to see if any advice was available re guys in your exact situation

I notice in your OP that you mention your previous 60 day extension based on visiting wife. 

I hope that these "unofficial" extensions are applicable to married guys. It is possible that immigration wants those guys to move to annual extensions.

The new 60 day extension can be done with any category of entry. People have already gotten one after a 60 day extension to visit their wife or child. Immigration here confirmed it can be done to 2 friends that asked about it.

With regards to these 60day extensions, keep in mind that Ubonjoe has stated (I think) that nothing official has been announced.

I hope that these "unofficial" extensions are applicable to married guys. It is possible that immigration wants those guys to move to annual extensions. There were many guys here that entered on ME non o marriage. Thinking many have now changed to annual extensions.

Did you try and call 1178 to see if any advice was available re guys in your exact situation

Thanks. I am one of the ones that genuinely wants to go home. I am not in such a hurry to pay the prices the airlines are asking at the moment but can not see myself staying here another year.

Archived