Landborders starting to open for foreigners

Will still require Certificate of Entry, 14-day quarantine with approved transport from the border to the quarantine facility, Covid-19 test and the appropriate insurance. The only improvement is that you can travel direct, not needing to transfer via a third country.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I see nothing new in the announcement other than by land and perhaps some flights being available to Bangkok.

Before the 3rd no flights were allowed into Laos.

lots new

1.7 Holders of a Tourist (TR) visa

1.9 Holders of a Non-Immigrant O (retirement

2.3 If you prefer land entry, you are allowed to enter Thailand via Klong Leuk (Aranyaprathet) border checkpoint only. You will be quarantined for 14 days in an Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) at Tawa Ravadee Resort (click). Reservation must be made directly with the ALQ at your own expense.

These seem to be new as of the past week or so

Plus it seem they are issuing NON  O-A visas ,

https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-a-visa?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

and it appears you can put the 800,000 in a Cambodian bank ( prasac pays 7.25% interest)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

and it appears you can put the 800,000 in a Cambodian bank ( prasac pays 7.25% interest)

If so, that is a recent change of policy. The last time I checked, only Cambodian residents could easily open bank accounts.

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

If so, that is a recent change of policy. The last time I checked, only Cambodian residents could easily open bank accounts.

to open an account in Cambodia if your a Barang, you only need to be on a long term visa