Apointment for MOT, Tax and Name transfer at DLT

ust bought a used bike. Got all the documents and everything needed to transfer the ownership, but the tax has expired. As far as I’m aware I need to get an MOT or bike safety check (not sure on the exact terminology) from the DLR before I can get the tax updated and then after I’ve got the tax updated I can transfer ownership, is this correct? Do I need to make a reservation for any of these things or can I just turn up? Is this all done at DLT or is the safety check done somewhere else?
thanks!

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Go DLT office you can do everything there if you take the bike and paperwork with you. 

In Jomtien there are several shops where they do Tec Cont, take care of taxes, etc. Take motorcycle in the morning, check while you are there, get temp paper and within a few days everything sorted. Cost for Motorcy if not late on Tax payment: 860Thb all included. Car 1650Thb.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

In Jomtien there are several shops where they do Tec Cont, take care of taxes, etc. Take motorcycle in the morning, check while you are there, get temp paper and within a few days everything sorted. Cost for Motorcy if not late on Tax payment: 860Thb all included. Car 1650Thb.

will need to change number plates if not registered in Chonburi, only the main office in the province can do this, maybe 2 trips required.

if already in Chonburi then a trip will all the required paperwork is required, power of attoney, transfer forms signed by both parties, if Thai, copy of id and house book is required, if non Thai copy of passport and certificate of residence, 'mot' test ( required at 5 year old) can be done at the office as you are changing owner details, cost 100thb per tax year, small fine if out of date, 300thb something for compulsory insurance and a small fee for transferring name based on the value of the bike. different cars different price based on age, engine size etc

860thb seem expensive for a bike

4 minutes ago, steve187 said:

will need to change number plates if not registered in Chonburi, only the main office in the province can do this, maybe 2 trips required.

if already in Chonburi then a trip will all the required paperwork is required, power of attoney, transfer forms signed by both parties, if Thai, copy of id and house book is required, if non Thai copy of passport and certificate of residence, 'mot' test ( required at 5 year old) can be done at the office as you are changing owner details, cost 100thb per tax year, small fine if out of date, 300thb something for compulsory insurance and a small fee for transferring name based on the value of the bike. different cars different price based on age, engine size etc

860thb seem expensive for a bike

Everything correct; 860Thb because I was late 3 months, and including Tec Cont, taxes, compulsory insurance, etc..

3 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

n Jomtien there are several shops where they do Tec Cont, take care of taxes, etc. Take motorcycle in the morning, check while you are there, get temp paper and within a few days everything sorted. Cost for Motorcy if not late on Tax payment: 860Thb all included. Car 1650Thb.

So I need to do this before doing to DLT? I cant go to DLT with expired tax?  
So I would go to shop in Jomtiem, and they help with taxes? Then after that I go to DLT to change ownership?
Do you know the names of such shops? 

3 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

but he say it NOT TAXED.....so will b on the roads illegally.......

If he is going DLT he can CTPL online with Frank get it tested and get road tax disc,  change number plate if he wants to,  put his girlfriends name in the book or his name , it can be done at the DLT office. 

5 minutes ago, james12345thailand said:

So I need to do this before doing to DLT? I cant go to DLT with expired tax?  
So I would go to shop in Jomtiem, and they help with taxes? Then after that I go to DLT to change ownership?
Do you know the names of such shops? 

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

If he is going DLT he can CTPL online with Frank get it tested and get road tax disc,  change number plate if he wants to,  put his girlfriends name in the book or his name , it can be done at the DLT office. 

Yes , all depending what area he lives; DLT is in Banglamung. The shop I mentioned, and I have no financial interest in it, is on Skvit, passing Soi Chayaphruck , the first gas station; First soi on the left..

6 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Yes , all depending what area he lives; DLT is in Banglamung. The shop I mentioned, and I have no financial interest in it, is on Skvit, passing Soi Chayaphruck , the first gas station; First soi on the left..

I thought he wanted a name transfer in the green book you can only do that at an DLT office as I know. 

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I thought he wanted a name transfer in the green book you can only do that at an DLT office as I know. 

Correct, but as far as I know tax has to be paid and depending on age of the vehicle it has to pass Tech Cont. But maybe you are correct with your advice....

1 minute ago, jomtienisgood said:

Correct, but as far as I know tax has to be paid and depending on age of the vehicle it has to pass Tech Cont. But maybe you are correct with your advice....

When I need a test,  insurance,  and get my road disc for my big bike there's a place next to our village that does everything for 940 baht and my scoot for 540 baht. 

Then you just go back in a day or two and collect everything is a good handy service,  they are doing cars/ trucks as well now. 

21 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

When I need a test,  insurance,  and get my road disc for my big bike there's a place next to our village that does everything for 940 baht and my scoot for 540 baht. 

Then you just go back in a day or two and collect everything is a good handy service,  they are doing cars/ trucks as well now. 

Same here as I said before. Except it was a bit more expensive because I was late paying taxes....

• Like 1