Any Siam Commercial Bank farang friendly in Chiang Mai ?

The Theory

Today I went to SCB (Nimman Rd) to open an savings account (1st time). I was told that I need to bring them my lease contract. After I took my contract and they looked said it has to be 12 months lease. ????????anyway, my contract is month to month. Unlike Kasikorn that asked for ฿10,000 minimum deposit for retirees (ok, more reasonable). 
I already have Bangkok Bank accounts, but I just want to keep some funds in other banks. 

3 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

The one at Big C, Mae Hia seems farang friendly.....It's unknown if they change branch to branch.....

The only thing I've noticed with SCB is they seem to nickle & dime for everything.....

That would be a bit far from me, thanks anyway. I'll try the branch at CM university.

I went there 2 days ago for the same reason. They were not able to explain to me in English if I can invest in international foreign exchange if I open account in their bank. They thought I'm talking about foreign currency exchange ..

Anyway, keep us posted as I'm also interested in opening a second bank account in SCB bank. I went to the branch in Suan Dok hospital, there they DID NOT ask a 12 months lease to open an account, just a valid passport with a valid retirement visa. FYI ..

For better English and the full range of services the main CM office on Thapae Road at Chiang Klan road is good.

What is "international foreign exchange?  Foreign currency deposit account? If so, not all branches do it but main office does.

15 hours ago, Yabiaomer said:

Anyway, keep us posted

I went to CM university branch today. She printed out their requirements for farang. She had no clue regarding retirees bank account. 
1st they asked for work permit ???????? then after 3 employee tried together, he asked me for proof of income from overseas and lease contract. I told them not all retires use monthly transfer, but they keep repeating the same thing. I'll try SuanDok hospital branch. 

Edited by The Theory

13 minutes ago, Yabiaomer said:

my bad .. I meant 'foreign stock exchange' ..

No wonder you can not find the banking services you are looking for.

Those Thais pretending they did not understand were being so polite by refraining from telling you that you don't know what you are talking about.

4 hours ago, Dante99 said:

No wonder you can not find the banking services you are looking for.

Those Thais pretending they did not understand were being so polite by refraining from telling you that you don't know what you are talking about.

hhh .. 

that's what I said to them .. the mistake was when I wrote it here. 

and btw, I've already found the banking services I was looking for.

• Haha 1