Please help! Looking for bulk internet cable near Nakhon Sawan.

medic5678

Hi everyone.   I'm looking for 500 feet of bulk internet outdoor etherenet cable, solid copper.  I need this ASAP.   The problem is that I'm in the USA and my wife's family will have to pick this up in Thailand.  I want to run this in our house before we put the ceiling in, or have my wife's family do it.   I will crimp the connectors on the ends when I get back to Thailand.   Anyone with an idea of exactly where I can buy quality cable?  I can live with Cat 5, would like to have Cat 6.  We need to go and pick this up immediately.  Thanks!

...OK, small issue with your desire.

Among other thing, I'm a network engineer from the US. I've been involved in a couple of Ethernet wire projects here and quickly became flustered with the 'quality' of the Ethernet cable available here. On one project we went through 10 box rolls of wire before finding one that would test continuity on all 4 pairs. On another project the installers created breaks in the run wire after using a cabling staple gun to adhere it. We subsequently switched to cable ties when not running in conduit. The copper content is absolute junk (to sell at lower price point).

Now, we only contract with installers who have worked big projects and have already weeded out the sub-par material providers. 

If you don't mind paying more than normal for the good stuff, try contacting InvadeIT and have them ship it to you.

If I were to build a new house today I'd run 3/4 conduit with sweep 90s just so I could retrofit any wire update/upgrade needed later.