Clear information about Tourist

Traveler2020

I would like to ask as an Dutch citicen a clear information about traveling to Thailand as an tourist. There are many different information on the internet about it wich makes me confused. 

My question: 

- What kind of visa or regruintment do i need to have to enter Thailand?

- The quarantaine must be 10 days or 14 days?

- Can i choose any hotel or do i need go to an ASQ Hotel?

- If i make and Covid19 test and have an negative result do i still need to go to quarantaine?

Its hard to catch someone on the phone when calling the embassy and email olso not realy good going i hope to get some clear answer by this way.

And i olso hope the goverment makes some moves to change some rules and make it litle bith easier for the tourist so we can travel much easier to the country example like Turkey.

Best reggards.

Edited by Traveler2020

The Thai embassy in the Nederlands has so good information. Look at the links below. You will need to get the visa from them. 

https://hague.thaiembassy.org/th/content/118896-measures-to-control-the-spread-of-covid-19?page=5f4d1bea74187b0491379162&menu=5f4cc50a4f523722e8027442

This below you should clarify with them. Normally it should not be required anymore for tourist visas TR. 

"Remarks - For Group 8, you must be able to present a bank statement with a minimum balance of 15,000 EUR for the last 6 consecutive months."

This below is for TR visa - they changed this already. 

GROUP 9 : Non-Thai Nationals who wish to visit Thailand for tourism purpose. You must be able to present a bank statement with adequate funds for your stay in Thailand.

Edited by Oldie

On 11/25/2020 at 10:07 AM, Oldie said:

Remarks - For Group 8, you must be able to present a bank statement with a minimum balance of 15,000 EUR for the last 6 consecutive months."

I thought this requirement had been quietly swept under the carpet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, worrab said:

I thought this requirement had been quietly swept under the carpet.

It doesn't exist anymore for tourist visas. Look at group 9. Now you need adequate funds for your stay in Thailand only. 

For visas, you're looking at either the new special tourist visa (STV) or the regular old single entry tourist visa (SETV). If you want to stay in the country longer than 90 days, you will need to get the STV. 

Quarantine period is 14 days. There's been talk of making it 10 days but for now it's still 14 days.

You can only stay at approved ASQ hotels. You cannot stay at any hotel you want. The prices for ASQ hotels are 30K baht and up. 

You will need to do multiple Covid tests and you will still need to do the 14 day quarantine. Doesn't matter if first test is negative.