Thai Driving Licence

Bring your licence, a paper confirmed your adress, copy of your passport with visa page, test from a doctor and tell them that you want a Thailicence based on your English (EU)licence. If they refused, go to another officer and tell them that you allready have an valid licence, but you now live under non imm visa and have to change your licence to Thai. You can also asked for a 5 year licence because you already have an EU licence. Many farangs I know in Pattaya, get their licence that way.

Different rules everywhere! Many places you can buy it for 500 Bath.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently obtained my Thai driving licence in Pattaya. I have a N.Z. passport with O visa & was required to provide a letter from Thai immigration confirming my address (at Soi 8 cost 400 baht) for letter covering car & motorbike, plus international drivers licence and doctors certificate (cost 200 baht from Pattaya Bangkok hospital). Can get cert cheaper elsewhere. Will also need photo's that are smaller than passport size. First year car licence cost 105 baht. After one year can obtain 5 year licence. It's good to take along a Thai national (unless you can read Thai) as the application forms are in Thai. Total end to end time at the office was 2 hours. Maybe if you have an EU licence rules are diffferent?

Alternatively you can go to Pattaya Expat Club at Henry J. Beans on Beach Road. every Sunday starting at 9:30AM and they co-ordinate the whole process in groups of expats every month or so.