Tarntawan Place Hotel.rip Mike

chuchok

A very good friend of mine was a partner in The Tarntawan.

Just 6-7 weeks ago,Mike died of a heart attack.He was 42 years old.He leaves behind a young daughter of 7.

Mike had been in Thailand for I suppose 15-16 odd years.Spoke Thai,Mandarin and Cantonese.Lived most of his life in Asia and only went back to NZ for secondary school and university.

Mike was not gay,but his hotel was gay friendly.

I don't know if many people here have stayed there,but Mike was one of natures gentlemen.

RIP mate.

I found the hotel very charming when I first got here five years ago and did stay there many times. The rooms got a little seedy but they were planning on remodeling.

Nothing else but perfect is all other things. Even their car service to Pattaya was a joy.

May Mike RIP and his legacy continue.

The complimentary business cards with your name and "In residence" below was just a superb touch. I still have some of them and copied the notion for my business card in retirement, upon the back of which is a map to my home for use with deliveries.

Yes, RIP Mike

So young.

When i first arrived in BKK I stayed at Tarntawan several times. I consider it one of the best "gay" hotels in the world. There are many nice touches, as you say. It was not the cheapest, but was good value. many of the staff are gay...the food is good...and to bring friends back is never a problem.

Mike was always friendly and jolly, nothing was too much.

Condolences to his wife and daughter, and to Lukas and all the staff.

paul v