VA Foreign Medical Program direct bill hospitals...

David T Pike

Are there any US Veterans here who have gone to any hospitals in Bangkok that direct bill FMP for you? Inpatient? Outpatient? 

I know that RAM and Bangkok Hospital in Chiang Mai will bill FMP directly for you, no payment required, as long as the bill is over 10,000 thb and you have your benefits letter with the disability being treated listed on it. The reason I ask is that I have been informed that several Bangkok hospitals would be the wisest to go to for spine surgery which I need. Thank you! ????

• Like 1

I note that Vejthani Hospital lists U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs logo as a partner insurance but not even sure that is the same thing as FMP.  I have never had much luck with FEP Blue Cross (but that is not listed) so have just filed myself.

https://www.vejthani.com/patient-services/insurance-company-partner/

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, johnc925 said:

Did anyone find out if Bangkok Hospital in BKK is setup for VA FMP? Any contact name, by chance?

They accept most foreign insurance and will answer email query.

[email protected]

Contact Center 1719 (Local Call Only) Or Tel. +662–310–3000

Below should be able to answer any specific insurance question.

Insurance Customer Service Center (ICS)
Tel. +662-310-3101

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, lopburi3 said:

I note that Vejthani Hospital lists U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs logo as a partner insurance but not even sure that is the same thing as FMP.  I have never had much luck with FEP Blue Cross (but that is not listed) so have just filed myself.

https://www.vejthani.com/patient-services/insurance-company-partner/

I contacted them and they have taken that logo down, The do not process FMP claims there but you can still go there and do it yourself after paying.

5 hours ago, johnc925 said:

Did anyone find out if Bangkok Hospital in BKK is setup for VA FMP? Any contact name, by chance?

Here you go... Chairat is a Thai US Army Vet and will be glad to take care of you.... 

Chairat Noppakovat, MHA

Head of International Medical Services Department

Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai

(052) 089-759 Office

(094) 354-6793 Cell

[email protected]

2 hours ago, David T Pike said:

Here you go... Chairat is a Thai US Army Vet and will be glad to take care of you.... 

Chairat Noppakovat, MHA

Head of International Medical Services Department

Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai

(052) 089-759 Office

(094) 354-6793 Cell

[email protected]

he asked about Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok, not Bkk Hospital CM

Never read/heard there was a hospital in Thailand that would direct bill VA FMP.  As I understand FMP you pay, send documents via mail and get check by mail.  That is the way I have been doing it.  Takes about 4-5 months for a paper check to come. From reading the information provided to me during retirement seminars a few years ago that was the only way.  Things change of course.  Still never understood how a US govt agency doesn't do direct deposit to my US account. 

If any US Vets have updated info on submitting FMP claims in Thailand please post.

Semper Fi

11 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

Never read/heard there was a hospital in Thailand that would direct bill VA FMP.  As I understand FMP you pay, send documents via mail and get check by mail.  That is the way I have been doing it.  Takes about 4-5 months for a paper check to come. From reading the information provided to me during retirement seminars a few years ago that was the only way.  Things change of course.  Still never understood how a US govt agency doesn't do direct deposit to my US account. 

If any US Vets have updated info on submitting FMP claims in Thailand please post.

Semper Fi

As per OP, 2 hospitals in CM will do this (but only if bill is over a certain amount).

What I do not know is if there are any in Bangkok which will do this.

The constraint has always been on the hospital side not FMP. If a hospital is willing to do the paperwork (and does it satisfactoriiy) FMP will do direct pay.

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As per OP, 2 hospitals in CM will do this (but only if bill is over a certain amount).

What I do not know is if there are any in Bangkok which will do this.

The constraint has always been on the hospital side not FMP. If a hospital is willing to do the paperwork (and does it satisfactoriiy) FMP will do direct pay.

If the bill is less than 10k thb ($318 usd) you must pay and claim yourself. Over 10k thb, they do it all....