มุ้งมิ้งฟรุ้งฟริ้งกรุ้งกรื้ง

Ashelia

Hello!

I've seen people use มุ้งมิ้ง (Mung ming) to say something or someone is cute.

Recently, I saw a picture of a couple and someone commented "มุ้งมิ้งฟรุ้งฟริ้งกรุ้งกรื้ง".

How is that different from มุ้งมิ้ง and what's the equivalent in English?

And does each word have a meaning of its own when said separately ie. มุ้งมิ้ง, ฟรุ้งฟริ้ง, กรุ้งกรื้ง?

Appreciate it if anyone could give an explanation.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Just plugging each word into thai-language.com dictionary separately it shows the following with some minor spelling changes to that final word:  มุ้งมิ้ง = cute/adorable; 

ฟรุ้งฟริ้ง = to twinkle/sparkle;

and กรุ้มกริ่ม = to stare (at somebody) with affection in eyes/flirt with/coquette with.

• Like 1

So putting it all together it could be something like, "Staring at someone with a cute, flirtatious/affectionate twinkle in your eye." Or possibly, "Staring at somebody you think is cute, with a flirtatious twinkle in your eye." I'm not sure which, I lean towards the former. Either way, มุ้งมิ้งฟรุ้งฟริ้งกรุ้มกริ่ม all together has a nice ring to it.

5 hours ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

So putting it all together it could be something like, "Staring at someone with a cute, flirtatious/affectionate twinkle in your eye." Or possibly, "Staring at somebody you think is cute, with a flirtatious twinkle in your eye." I'm not sure which, I lean towards the former. Either way, มุ้งมิ้งฟรุ้งฟริ้งกรุ้มกริ่ม all together has a nice ring to it.

Hi ColeBOzbourne,

In this context where I saw the caption under a pic of a cute couple, I think the former fits ????

Yeah, putting it all together has a nice ring to it!

Thank you for the explanation ????

It was very helpful.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:34 AM, ColeBOzbourne said:

The words don't matter, apparently  it is what some people say to mean cute, it is just slang and will be soon forgotten.   
I put มุ้งมิ้ง into Longdo because I was told that it was a Southern dialect to mean evening time, didn't find anything on that.  มบมุ้งมิ้ง Kids congregating at dusk. 
There is no definition but there are translations of English, under the heading Open Subtitles.  
 "weirdly timed make out session " is translated as  จังหวะมุ้งมิ้งฟรุ้งฟริ้ง a look at Longdo 

"jiggly piggies" มะหมูมุ้งมิ้ง

"That's cool" มุ้งมิ้งว่ะ

It's too adorable  มันมุ้งมิ้งเกิน

He's goddang precious ! มุ้งมิ้งติ่งแตกเลยว่ะ 

กรุ้งกริ้ง or กรุ้มกริ่ม  are real words. It seems to mean to try to look good to a girl. 
eg. เห็นผู้หญิงเดินผ่านมา ก็ทำกรุ้งกริ่ง ขึ้นมาทันที. As soon as he saw the girl walking past he กรุ้งกริ่ง 

8 hours ago, tgeezer said:

The words don't matter, apparently  it is what some people say to mean cute, it is just slang and will be soon forgotten.   
I put มุ้งมิ้ง into Longdo because I was told that it was a Southern dialect to mean evening time, didn't find anything on that.  มบมุ้งมิ้ง Kids congregating at dusk. 
There is no definition but there are translations of English, under the heading Open Subtitles.  
 "weirdly timed make out session " is translated as  จังหวะมุ้งมิ้งฟรุ้งฟริ้ง a look at Longdo 

"jiggly piggies" มะหมูมุ้งมิ้ง

"That's cool" มุ้งมิ้งว่ะ

It's too adorable  มันมุ้งมิ้งเกิน

He's goddang precious ! มุ้งมิ้งติ่งแตกเลยว่ะ 

กรุ้งกริ้ง or กรุ้มกริ่ม  are real words. It seems to mean to try to look good to a girl. 
eg. เห็นผู้หญิงเดินผ่านมา ก็ทำกรุ้งกริ่ง ขึ้นมาทันที. As soon as he saw the girl walking past he กรุ้งกริ่ง 

So กรุ้งกริ้ง is not a new made up word that is in trend. Thanks for the info!

So it can have multiple meanings? To try to look good to a girl and the other one is to stare at someone lovingly/flirtatiously as mentioned by ColeBOzbourne?

Edited by Ashelia

10 hours ago, Ashelia said:

So it can have multiple meanings? To try to look good to a girl and the other one is to stare at someone lovingly/flirtatiously as mentioned by ColeBOzbourne?

I simply looked up the words and made assumptions from there. tgeezer has a far better grasp of the language than I do. You can probably count on his explanation as being correct.

Thanks for that but it is more a case of " the more you know, the more you know that you don't know."  I don't see anything wrong in what you said. I was just pointing out that only กรุ้งกริ่ง  meant anything and the rest could be ignored. Did you find any meaning for the preceding expressions? 
กรุ้งกริ่ง น.(noun) is not a good thing to be, so maybe the preceding expressions are supposed to soften the meaning.  I didn't see the picture but culturally canoodling in public is not acceptable. . 
Ashilia was satisfied with your post so those thoughts adequately served to explain what was going on in the picture.