UK, EU leaders to meet face-to-face to try to seal Brexit trade deal

webfact

10 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Actually, Boris is an American. He was born and raised in New York, Upper East Side Manhattan. When has Boris EVER been polite?

Boris American what tribe of the real natives of America did he belong to,  I l liked Sitting Bull. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

A double “no deal” — in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic — would get the EU off to the worst possible start to 2021. But the consequences of two bad deals would last for decades."

https://www.ft.com/content/5a84ce50-dd03-4b85-92eb-2df08e1f8497

This is so funny, and immediately demonstrates my previous point. You completely ignored the article. The headline is.. wait for it...

Europe is right to risk a double ‘no deal’

So again, Vogie has completely dismissed factual evidence. Even more disastrously, he gave this reference which implies the complete opposite.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

The Brexit deal is not going to happen, BoJo and friends are dying to try the WTO framework so they can the upper hand in further negociations

of course since nobody in BoJo cabinet knows what's inside the current EU deal, they have no clue what they are losing

Like Theresa May when she went to the early negotiations unprepared and without a clue what her hand was, basically playing Poker with professional players blindfolded

The Brits are a waste of time, good riddance from everyone in the EU ????

You are the spokesperson for the 27, we are honoured.....?  :clap2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

What's arrogant about that? I know which side my bread is buttered on and unlike pensioners on a British pension mine is a decent one that goes up each year no matter where I live.

Strange reason to defect, but hey, I must admit, when I was young I never ever thought about defecting for an old age state pension, guess we had different priorities eh........????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

In fact we don't know what the majority of the Leave voters want.

But as always and everywhere the voter will have to accept the decision made by the politicians.

Well of course, the UK was never going to belong, I'm older enough to understand it and politicians still alive today,  if I was in charge the ones responsible for signing up to get UK into the EU would be hung,  drawn and quartered .

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Your buddy has shouted from the rooftops ever since he came in charge of Brexit, that he would leave without a deal.

Even recently he repeated that again.

Wonder why he bothers to travel to Brussels, if he has no interest in a deal, and claims the UK will be better off without a deal.

Does he have too much time on his hands, and did he have to be in Belgium for other purposes, or is it that he is not sincere in his claims and just playing bluff poker?

Keep guessing......:coffee1:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

This is so funny, and immediately demonstrates my previous point. You completely ignored the article. The headline is.. wait for it...

Europe is right to risk a double ‘no deal’

So again, Vogie has completely dismissed factual evidence. Even more diastrously, he gave this reference which implies the complete opposite.

That is such a silly post. ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I really wonder where you studied economics. I think you did not.

Suppose both sides EU and UK both lose out a bit then that bit that is lost out in the EU is spread out over all its members. While that same amount of loss will hit  much smaller economy (the UK) much harder. 

If 1 billion of trade is lost then the loss is spread out over all EU countries while the 1 billion that is lost will be hitting the UK all alone. 

It also work for the current negotiations: each time the EU gives 1M the UK has to reciprocate with more or less the same 1M

....but it represents 6 times that amount as a % of the UK Gross domestic product (GDP).

Another (wonderful) thing about the UE is we have spent years developing mutually beneficial synergies for our members.

For example, in exchange for some cod fishing quotas, Barnier is able to trade access to our European energy market 

According to a European Parliament report in 2017, the EU-UK electricity and gas market was worth some €6bn in 2015, more than 80% of which was in natural gas. 

The UK has become a significant importer of natural gas from the EU and Norway but is an exporter of gas to Ireland and Belgium.

this is of considerable value as it lowers the energy bill of the UK (and The fishing industry employs 12,000 people, while the energy sector supports 768,000 jobs), while this big gift costs the EU ... nothing.

It helps understand why Boris is jumping on the plane to Brussels now, it's christmas soon and a visit to Santa is in order

image.thumb.png.3c75ed737658a9da5a3254256851a666.png

Edited by Hi from France

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Strange reason to defect, but hey, I must admit, when I was young I never ever thought about defecting for an old age state pension, guess we had different priorities eh........????

Defecting is a strange choice of word. I owe no allegiance to the UK simply because I was coincidentally born there,  in fact ever since I was a child I never liked the place and left as soon as I was able to. I travelled and worked for short periods in several european countries (you know...adventure, woodstock days, sod the establishment). Germany was the one country that really appealed to me so I stayed there and never returned, no regrets and only positive things have happened as a result. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Giving you some more common knowledge about him as you didn't know he was an American

More assumptions, plus, I am not the slightest bit interested where he was born with his English parents....????

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Defecting is a strange choice of word. I owe no allegiance to the UK simply because I was coincidentally born there,  in fact ever since I was a child I never liked the place and left as soon as I was able to. I travelled and worked for short periods in several european countries (you know...adventure, woodstock days, sod the establishment). Germany was the one country that really appealed to me so I stayed there and never returned, no regrets and only positive things have happened as a result. 

Good for you, reminds me of a song........????

1 minute ago, transam said:

More assumptions, plus, I am not the slightest bit interested where he was born with his English parents....????

He did a program about his ancestry, was also on Youtube, apparently he is related to the German royal family.

@nauseus @billd766 @placeholder @JonnyF @transam

as I understand what you say,

• you fully admit Brexit is a disaster for the British economy british jobs now,
  • you acknowledge that all forecasts show that when it become a reality by the end of this months brexit will be even worse in the coming years 

.. but you do not really care. 

I understand, that as pensioners you get your pension anyway and your main concern here is the exchange rate £ to baths.

But you must have still care for young brits, who are now starting their professional lives, getting married, having kids no ?

What is you message to them? "the most important years of your life are wasted, but even if your life got worse for the last four years and its going to be much worse indeed now, I promise it'll probably get better 8-10 years from now?"

or more like

"I myself am responsible for nothing, it's the nasty EU?"

Edited by Hi from France

Just now, transam said:

I think we all are, one way or another.......

Germanic ancestry yes, genetic testing in the UK found that the English have more genetic similarity with the Germans than they do with the Welsh or the Scots but I doubt most of us have royal connections.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

Germanic ancestry yes, genetic testing in the UK found that the English have more genetic similarity with the Germans than they do with the Welsh or the Scots but I doubt most of us have royal connections.

I am related to Edward III........????

• Haha 1