Re-entry permit dates (flexible?)

I have an extension of stay based on marriage with permission to stay in Thailand until June 2021.

I might need to travel back to the UK soon and will need a re-entry permit in order to avoid getting a new visa before my return.

My question is, how flexible are they when it comes to the travel dates on the TM8 form for the re-entry permit? I understand that you need to put your outbound travel date and also travel date for arrival back to Thailand. Unfortunately I only know rough estimates of both at this time. 

Does this matter? 

I want to apply for the re-entry permit before even booking my return flight as I plan to begin the pre-approval part of the certificate of entry application asap (just to make sure there will be no issues when trying to get back in). This pre-approval part of the COE application requires evidence of current visa/extension of stay/re-entry permit

7 minutes ago, drh1010 said:

Does this matter? 

Not really. I always get my re-entry when I get my extension, of course I don't know any dates so I leave them blank.

The only important date is the expiry date of the re-entry permit which will be the same as your current permission to stay (June 2021), you must return before that date.

4 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

DOES a date matter.....a reentry permit lasts for one year........

Only if the permit to stay it is issued for is valid that long when it is issued.

A re-entry permit is based upon a permit to stay and it ends when the permit to stay ends.

Archived