When to change Timing Belt Honda BRV

Brer

If someone clearly knows when the timing belt should be replaced on. Honda BRV please reply.

I have two different answers from two Honda shops one said at 60000kms and the other at 80000kms.

In the vehicle handbook I can’t find any mention of the timing belt.

From experience in Oz it’s usually for most cars around the 90000kms mark.

The missus says if it breaks just change it, I gave up trying to explain the consequences of a broken belt.

I would dearly love to know the correct kilometre period for replacement.

I've had a BRV for two years now, and a Jazz for nine years before that.

They both have the same engine and I'm sure they have a timing chain not a belt.

The Jazz did 130,000kms without a thought of serious maintenance.

My BRV is at 40Kms and I have never given the timing chain a moment's thought.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brer said:

If someone clearly knows when the timing belt should be replaced on. Honda BRV please reply.

I have two different answers from two Honda shops one said at 60000kms and the other at 80000kms.

In the vehicle handbook I can’t find any mention of the timing belt.

From experience in Oz it’s usually for most cars around the 90000kms mark.

The missus says if it breaks just change it, I gave up trying to explain the consequences of a broken belt.

I would dearly love to know the correct kilometre period for replacement.

Thought it had a chain, not a belt. What engine has it got..?

• Like 1

Well that’s maybe why I can’t find out anything on it, the Honda guys give two different stories, I am not sure they know what I am asking about. 

When I wanted my air filter changed they changed my cabin air filter and left a dirty dusty air filter in my intake box.

There seems to be no such thing as a standard service as they ask me what I want when I take the car for service and I say I want a 30000km service. 

They ask me what I want and what I want changed and I say whatever the service is and they say what do you want changed so frustrating.

6 hours ago, Brer said:

Well that’s maybe why I can’t find out anything on it, the Honda guys give two different stories, I am not sure they know what I am asking about. 

When I wanted my air filter changed they changed my cabin air filter and left a dirty dusty air filter in my intake box.

There seems to be no such thing as a standard service as they ask me what I want when I take the car for service and I say I want a 30000km service. 

They ask me what I want and what I want changed and I say whatever the service is and they say what do you want changed so frustrating.

It has a chain, forget it unless you hear rattling......

Edited by transam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You should have a service schedule for the vehicle. Take a look at it for periodicity affected maintenance items. Servicing nowadays is little more than filter and fluid changes. There's also an OBD check and visual inspection.

If anything shows from the latter, they'll advise you at that time.