60 Day Covid Extension Chiang Mai.

How easy is it to get it at the Immigration Office near the airport?

What do I need to bring and say?

I have a 60 day extension that expires on Dec 30th. The original Non-O Multi Entry visa has expired.

Can I go there tomorrow with 20 days to go, simply say that I'm looking for a 60 day Covid Extension, then pay 1,900 baht to get it?

Or can I get the date crossed out and changed to expire on Jan 29th for free?

How easy are these options at CM IO at the moment?

TIA. 

You can apply for a covid 19 sixty day extension at the Muang Thong Thani office.

If your first 60 day extension was based upon visiting your Thai wife or child you would do it at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

It would be best to wait until about 2 weeks before the 30th to apply for another extension.

You cannot get a free extension.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a covid 19 sixty day extension at the Muang Thong Thani office.

If your first 60 day extension was based upon visiting your Thai wife or child you would do it at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

But I live in Chiang Mai and have no plans to travel to Bangkok. 

Are MTT and CW the only offices in the country offering these extensions? 

4 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

But I live in Chiang Mai and have no plans to travel to Bangkok. 

Are MTT and CW the only offices in the country offering these extensions? 

Sorry I got my locations mixed up. Not enough coffee maybe.

You can apply at the main office in Chiang Mai (near the airport).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Sorry I got my locations mixed up. Not enough coffee maybe.

You can apply at the main office in Chiang Mai (near the airport).

Thanks.

I'm hoping to get people's experiences and info that have done it in the last week or two.

Has anyone gone there recently to either:

1) Get the 60 day Covid Extension

2) Get the expiry date of their Permission to stay stamp changed to Jan 29th

TIA. 

I went with 15 days to go of my extension, all copies, but no email or letter from my embassy.

The checkers outside said 50/50 without that, 100% with that.

All was okay and wasn't asked for it.

But big queues, 3 hours waiting, and the final guy said he'll give me 60 days starting today. So lose 15 days. Which isn't really a Biggie.

1,900b and about 3 hours+ of my time.

If waiting to see what happens in the next year or two, about visas, Covid, and either returning home or staying here. If this 60 day Covid Extension stays in place (from the date of applying, say 15 days early just in case there's a hiccup). It costs 15,200 Thai Baht a year. I think agencies are charging double that to get a 12 month extension. 

7 minutes ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

I had a 60 day extension for wife on sept 8th that was meant to finish 26th November, I went and got a free up date to December 30th.

If I go in before the end will I be able to get another 60 day extension for wife or for covid?

Thanks

You should, but it will likely begin on that day, not start from Dec 30th, as that's how they're doing it.

11 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

If I go in before the end will I be able to get another 60 day extension for wife or for covid?

Thanks

You will not be able to get another 60 day extension to visit your wife. Only one per entry to the country is allowed.

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. 

15 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

I had a 60 day extension for wife on sept 8th that was meant to finish 26th November, I went and got a free up date to December 30th.

Thanks

You can get one for Covid, 60 days.

Best to email your embassy asking if they can supply a document for Thai immigration that you cannot return home due to the ongoing pandemic. They will email back that they stopped issuing them, you then print out a copy of this email and add it to the other documents.

I was given 60 days without it, the checkers there said it would be 50/50 without it, 100% with it. 

Why is it some offices can issue these directly and others can't?

In Ubon, we have to wait 2 weeks 'under consideration' and then go back to get the final approval stamp.

Seems like a massive waste of time and energy for both us and the immigration offices.

On 12/15/2020 at 11:13 AM, JeffersLos said:

I went with 15 days to go of my extension, all copies, but no email or letter from my embassy.

The checkers outside said 50/50 without that, 100% with that.

All was okay and wasn't asked for it.

But big queues, 3 hours waiting, and the final guy said he'll give me 60 days starting today. So lose 15 days. Which isn't really a Biggie.

1,900b and about 3 hours+ of my time.

If you are American, the US Consulate will no long issue you a letter for the extension since a letter is no longer required. From their site:

Update 10/13/2020: According to verbal communication from the Royal Thai Government’s Immigration Bureau, non-Thai nationals can visit any Thai Immigration office to request a 60-day extension of stay. We have been told that there will be a charge for this. Thai Immigration will not require a letter from the Embassy as part of the extension request, so the U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide letters of support for Thai visa extensions.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

On 12/21/2020 at 10:22 PM, JeffersLos said:

Copy of every passport page

TM30 print out

1,900 Baht.

The helpers said to bring an email print out from your embassy stating that they don't supply any letters for the Covid extension, but I wasn't asked by the IO's

Just in case anyone missed this in the previous page of the thread:

Update 10/13/2020: According to verbal communication from the Royal Thai Government’s Immigration Bureau, non-Thai nationals can visit any Thai Immigration office to request a 60-day extension of stay. We have been told that there will be a charge for this. Thai Immigration will not require a letter from the Embassy as part of the extension request, so the U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide letters of support for Thai visa extensions.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

16 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

Did you have to give reason for covid extension? If so what did you give. TIA

Nope.

Though the volunteer helper did ask why I don't apply for an annual extenstion.

I didn't say that I didn't want to deal with all the BS of it, and instead just said we might go back to the West if Covid calms down, so we're just going to wait and see over the next few months first.