Letter (circular) from Thai Social Sec.

pauleddy

Yesterday I received a letter in Thai from the SS. Part of it was a BLUE application form. It was printed out, obviously one of thousands.

As a retired university teacher here, I receive free health cover because I pay 436b per month.

I don't read Thai at all, and I live alone. My "chosen" hospital is Chulalongkorn (I taught there). 

I have a gut feeling that this letter is asking me whether I wish to change hospitals. A Thai friend who has moved away received the same thing two years ago (as far as I am able to tell).

Has anybody else received this letter? I don't intend to change my hospital. Should I ignore it? I have tried to phone the numbers given, but they are always engaged.

Eddy

Good idea, but when I tried, my cheap phone was rather blurry.

It is definitely the "Annual Change of Nursing Home" topic (not Hospital, but it translates as Nursing H).

I have never changed from Chula in 17 years. Is it the case that ignoring the letter will just result in no change required?

It is in my interest to stay there, as the Gastro and Cardio bods know me and my history (and not only via the notes).

Eddy

Thanks to Cheryl and others.

I got hold of a bilingual friend who explained that CU has been full since 2016. Periodically, they ask people to leave in a round robin...but if you are happy with the SQ no need to do anything apart from trash the letter.

Eddy