Roads Repairs And Construction

GreyFox2

it seems ages since the roads in south pattaya were dug up and still not completed, particularly in south pattaya.The widening of Thrappaya road thru to jomtien, is the same they start and then bingo all workman gone and equipment. and now left.

Outside view talay villas they have done the same thing which looks a hel_l of a mess, perhaps have they run out of money at city hall?

Does anyone know any up to date news when all the widening of the roads are to be completed?

And how the hel_l are they going to handle moving all the posts which hold up the wires or the wires sometimes hold up the post.

it seems ages since the roads in south pattaya were dug up and still not completed, particularly in south pattaya.The widening of Thrappaya road thru to jomtien, is the same they start and then bingo all workman gone and equipment. and now left.

Outside view talay villas they have done the same thing which looks a hel_l of a mess, perhaps have they run out of money at city hall?

Does anyone know any up to date news when all the widening of the roads are to be completed?

And how the hel_l are they going to handle moving all the posts which hold up the wires or the wires sometimes hold up the post.

8th August, 2007, or...

21st October, 2007. or....

9th December, 2007, or...

5th March 2008, or...

19th July, 2010, or...

choose your own date, and tick off the days on the calendar.

BTW I assume it was rhetorical question :o

There are a couple of properties holding it up I have heard, refusing to sell their land and the council have to get a compulsory purchase order.

I guess they could have waited to start until all the land had been purchased but that would have meant the mayor missing out on his tea money as he is leaving office soon.

Longer the better for me, does Thapaya Rd need to be a 4 lane Highyway? Just send the coaches that trapes up and down all day around Sukhamvit to get to jomtien, How many speeing deaths will there be on this stretch once it is opened up.

Was staying at View Talay Villas a few weeks ago, it was a right mess; it seems they are more intent on damaging the frontages to properties and disrupting utilities than actually building a road.

on arrival there were no phones because the cables had to be moved, a day or so latter they dug up the entrance, then we had to walk through what looked like raw sewerage being scooped out of the hole they were digging by JCB because they had damaged a service pipe then the next day we had no water until an emergency supply was organized.

The trail of devastation lead right back into Pattaya, worst of all was the section of Second Road that runs parallel to walking street, this was a hazard to all vehicles, I do hope they have now properly back filled the trenches and capped them as apart from the damage done to vehicles there was a serious risk of drivers losing control of their vehicles or persons falling off the back of baht busses due to the pot holes in the road.

One thing that intrigues me is just how will Jomtien Second Road join up to Thapaya Rd, will there be a chicane in front of the Aiyaree Hotel or will it run through the tennis courts and couch park of the Jomtien Palm Hotel, with they be knocking down the building they are still building in front of the Aiyaree Hotel?

The whole project look totally disorganized and probably will stop when the tea money runs out, just like many of the other unfinished projects in Thailand.

BB

Even when they do finally seal the road after digging it up they do an unbelievably bad job. I don't know why the council doesn't jump on the contractors for leaving it in such a state.

Has anyone noticed the extremely rough surface that was left AFTER they finished sealing Pattaya Tai east bound from Big C down to 3rd Road?

Has anyone noticed the pothole left on 2nd road near Soi 6 (right lane) after that was dug up late last year?

Can you believe the condition of Pratamnak Road running South from Pattaya Tai parallel to walking street. They've been digging it up since before Christmas with no end in sight?

There are a couple of properties holding it up I have heard, refusing to sell their land and the council have to get a compulsory purchase order.

I guess they could have waited to start until all the land had been purchased but that would have meant the mayor missing out on his tea money as he is leaving office soon.

Longer the better for me, does Thapaya Rd need to be a 4 lane Highyway? Just send the coaches that trapes up and down all day around Sukhamvit to get to jomtien, How many speeing deaths will there be on this stretch once it is opened up.

I guess we have to thank the Americans who planned Pattaya during the Vietnam War for the width of the road......Daft innit?

I guess we have to thank the Americans who planned Pattaya during the Vietnam War for the width of the road......Daft innit?

What's "daft" is your post!

The only thing the US Military planned during the Vietnam war was Utapao and Plutaluang (front nine only). All else was typical Thai planning.

What's "daft" is your post!

The only thing the US Military planned during the Vietnam war was Utapao and Plutaluang (front nine only). All else was typical Thai planning.

:o:D :D

I can picture now the GI's sitting in the sand, holding a meeting with the sleepy fishermen moored up on the beach, discussing how wide they would like the roads to be in Pattaya village - soon to be designated as the brave new city of Pattaya.

Good news!

I just called the Pattaya hotline 1337 and asked them why they don't fix Soi Siam Country Club once and forever. Guess what, the lady promised to forward my request to the Pattaya City Council!

Who said raising your concerns with the right people does not change something for the better?

Good news!

I just called the Pattaya hotline 1337 and asked them why they don't fix Soi Siam Country Club once and forever. Guess what, the lady promised to forward my request to the Pattaya City Council!

Who said raising your concerns with the right people does not change something for the better?

:D

You say that like you actually think anything will really happen !! :D

Most likely she hung up the phone after talking to you, used a long, painted fingernail to explore the inner reaches of her nasal cavaties, then promptly dashed off to eat some yummy som tam ! :o

You'd be better off holding a charity music festival, and donating the proceeds to the re-election funds of various officials (or use the money to pay for the repairs yourself. Might be a cheaper and quicker option !) :D