Yaowarat Gold Shops

JayBird

I know the ones in Chinatown area sell gold.  But do they also sell diamond rings?  Is it possible to buy a gold ring with diamonds on them there?  And if so, how is the price compared to other diamond jewelry shops?

Bonus question:

If one wants to get a (real) diamond ring, is there a good place to get it (quality, selection, price wise).

Thank you kindly.

6 hours ago, JayBird said:

I know the ones in Chinatown area sell gold.  But do they also sell diamond rings?  Is it possible to buy a gold ring with diamonds on them there?  And if so, how is the price compared to other diamond jewelry shops?

Bonus question:

If one wants to get a (real) diamond ring, is there a good place to get it (quality, selection, price wise).

Thank you kindly.

https://www.jewelrytradecenter.com/contact-us/

Many jewellry shops in that Silom area and also in the Mahesak/Sathorn area.

Gold shops sell gold.  Diamonds and jewelry are sold in shopping centers or some Chinese jewelry type shophouse places and dedicated diamond shops in the original area Chinatown of Bon Mo among the electronic stores near Old Siam Plaza.  Of course you also have jewelry shops everywhere now but the original shopping area with long established stores is Ban Mo.

Some shops will manufacture the ring for you.

I lost my wedding band and shopped around everywhere in Bangkok to find a replacement of similar shape and size. Was quoted ridiculous prices in most places for a replacement. Eventually found a manufacturing jeweller in Amarin plaza on the 3rd floor and the old couple in the shop made up 3 different wedding bands out of 18k gold and I selected one of them. The price was within reason.

They do a lot of business with foreigners and worth a look.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 11:12 AM, Thailand Forever said:

As Khun Ken says, Thailand gold is too soft for diamonds.

Q: Why is gold better than diamonds?

A: Because diamonds depend on gold but gold depends on nothing but itself.

Most Diamonds are in White Gold in Thailand 

• Like 1

Diamonds are essentially worthless but since it has value to one woman, in general a man has to purchase at least one.   IMO you should just go with the branded version of a worthless rock as opposed to the no name Thonglor rock (at 2x or 3x the "quality" of worthless rock).   That way she gets the whole experience of being in that (insert your favourite overinflated but well marketed name here) branded shop...