Wrong Date on my Entry Stamp

Hi all,

I arrived in Thailand on 7 December on my Non Imm OA Visa.

I got my Visa stamp and then headed off through all the confusion at the airport to find my pre-arranged transportation to my ASQ Hotel.

It wasn't until the nest day when I had settled in at my ASQ I had a look at my passport and the Immigration Officer had put the wrong arrival date in my passport and the TM6 card. He mistakenly stamped as 7 NOV as arriving instead of 7 DEC. Interesting enough he got my visa valid to date correct.

I am ASQ until 22 DEC and then take an early flight to Phuket to where I have a house and my Thai partner is waiting for me.

I rang the Immigration Office at Suvarnabhumi Airport and explained the error and gave the officer my passport number etc.....upon checking the computer system it indeed showed me entering on 7 DEC and he apologised for the error. I then asked him if this will cause any problems / confusion for me when I do my first 90 day report at Phuket Immigration Office and he assured my no its fine...they can fix the error.

Has anyone else had problems with wrong dates stamped on their passport?

Some people are telling me I have to go back to Suvarnabhumi Airport to rectify the wrong date while others are saying its not a problem and the Phuket Office will notice the obvious error when checking and fix it....Im just not sure now ????

I wont have the opportunity to go back to the airport after my ASQ then my flight early morning from Don Mueang.

Has anyone had experience going to a different Immigration Office to rectify a mistake made by another office?

Thanks in advance for any advice or experiences people have.

Thanks Ubonjoe.......Always get me nervous when one immigration says something like...."dont worry the Phuket Office will fix it"....then you go there and they dont fix it and tell me I have to fly to Suvarnabhumi Airport for them to rectify. The joys of different Immigration Offices giving conflicting advice ????

The obvious worry for me is the cut off date for the 90 day report....my stamp says entered 7 NOV whilst their computer system says 7 DEC.

I think my plan will be to go to the Phuket Office later this month when I'm clear of ASQ to get it fixed ASAP?

On 12/10/2020 at 12:11 PM, StevePettman said:

Hi all,

I arrived in Thailand on 7 December on my Non Imm OA Visa.

I got my Visa stamp and then headed off through all the confusion at the airport to find my pre-arranged transportation to my ASQ Hotel.

It wasn't until the nest day when I had settled in at my ASQ I had a look at my passport and the Immigration Officer had put the wrong arrival date in my passport and the TM6 card. He mistakenly stamped as 7 NOV as arriving instead of 7 DEC. Interesting enough he got my visa valid to date correct.

I am ASQ until 22 DEC and then take an early flight to Phuket to where I have a house and my Thai partner is waiting for me.

I rang the Immigration Office at Suvarnabhumi Airport and explained the error and gave the officer my passport number etc.....upon checking the computer system it indeed showed me entering on 7 DEC and he apologised for the error. I then asked him if this will cause any problems / confusion for me when I do my first 90 day report at Phuket Immigration Office and he assured my no its fine...they can fix the error.

Has anyone else had problems with wrong dates stamped on their passport?

Some people are telling me I have to go back to Suvarnabhumi Airport to rectify the wrong date while others are saying its not a problem and the Phuket Office will notice the obvious error when checking and fix it....Im just not sure now ????

I wont have the opportunity to go back to the airport after my ASQ then my flight early morning from Don Mueang.

Has anyone had experience going to a different Immigration Office to rectify a mistake made by another office?

Thanks in advance for any advice or experiences people have.

I must’ve had the same officer as you ! You’ve mirrored exactly what happened to me ,only 11th December stamped as 11 November,although he got the correct date stamped on my re entry visa (used date ). So they obviously have still not learned difference between November and December. ???? 

Thanks for doing all the hard work for me in getting that answer, I can now relax  !! ???? 

Good luck getting through ASQ ....I’ll be thinking of you !????