Hair loss measures

villageidiotY2K

Hi, Im noticing top of my head is losing hairs. Fast! 

I've heard Propecia taken orally can help stop bolding and support regrowth? 

Does anyone have experience with this medication? 

Where can I get this med? 

Also any reco for not too expensive dermatologist in Bangkok area? 

I'm not going as far as hair transplant, but wanna stop this bolding process quickly and regrowth is a bonus.... 

I fully understand that you don't wanna look like being the village idiot. 

But some people lose their hair way earlier. That's part of male life. 

Don't buy very expensive stuff that isn't even approved.

Here are some things you can do: Very important is a good diet. Eat a lot of protein containing food like fish, eat a lot of fruits and do some exercises. 

1. Regularly wash your hair with mild shampoo. ...
  2. Vitamin for hair loss. ...
  3. Enrich diet with protein. ...
  4. Scalp massage with essential oils. ...
  5. Avoid brushing wet hair. ...
  6. Garlic juice, onion juice or ginger juice. ...
  7. Keep yourself hydrated. ...
  8. Rub green tea into your hair.
  9. Drink less alcohol.......
  10. Don't use a towel to dry your hair, better let it dry from the air.

20 Ways to Stop Hair Loss in Men | How to stop hair fall for men | Hair Growth Tips | Prevent hair fall in men (indiatimes.com)

Edited by teacherclaire
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mr mr said:

don't waste your money on potions and lotions. buy a good set of clippers and be done with it. resistance is futile.  

Bald and sheared is not a good look on anyone fella. Finesteride/ Propecia works @villageidiotY2K I've take it for about 7 years. I didnt see any regrowth per se but certainly slowed any loss.  I have about 50% more hair than my two younger brothers

No side effects either

Edited by Chivas

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Forget about it, hair loss is either in your genes or caused by factors like stress. No lotion of medicine gonna fix that.

If it is because of stress, it will come back when those issues are sorted. If it is in your genes that mean the roots are dying off.

Learn to live with it, or go for a hair transplant. Don't waste money on lotions or whatever, because it is a big money making business, with only 1 benefiting party, and that is the seller of the products.

lol fella propecia/finesteride is a proven product. If you go for a hair transplant (as you advise) the first thing they do is put you on finesteride right after

6 minutes ago, Chivas said:

lol fella propecia/finesteride is a proven product. If you go for a hair transplant (as you advise) the first thing they do is put you on finesteride right after

Up to you what you want to believe joker.

I know you are the expert everything on this forum, but why the need to try to ridicule others who don't agree with you?

If you do a hair transplant you implant healthy roots, which is something different as making dying roots alive again, but that kind of common sense is probably above your pay grade.

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chivas said:

Bald and sheared is not a good look on anyone fella. Finesteride/ Propecia works @villageidiotY2K I've take it for about 7 years. I didnt see any regrowth per se but certainly slowed any loss.  I have about 50% more hair than my two younger brothers

No side effects either

ya and i bet you look so great combing around the loss. if you have a combover then you should leave this thread and be done with life.

i didn't say bald and sheared looked good big guy. i simply said  to get on with it. there is no scientific proven way of reversing hair loss. all your creams and potions and lotions and snake oil sales man remedies won't change the outcome. but keep on doing your thing.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Susco said:

No lotion of medicine gonna fix that.

Wrong.

Topical minoxidil or oral finasteride do fix that. It won't progress,  and maybe you even get a bit back.

Oral finasteride may have side effects,  e.g. impotence, but works better. 

Both must be used forever.

Costs for generics in Thailand about 500 B/ month.

Minoxidil GPO topical soln 5%

Minodil topical soln 5 %

Readily available over the counter here  and preferrable to taking it systemically. It won't produce miracles but it will slow or stop the loss and you may see some new growth

As with any medication, read up on contraindications and side effects first

Try and find an old-fashioned bristle hair brush. Not easy to do these days as most hair brushes have plastic bristles, or if they have real bristles they are meant for grooming  dogs, etc and therefore the bristles are too stiff.

Give your scalp a good vigorous brushing every day which will get the blood in your scalp flowing and help in promoting healthy hair.

Another 'trick' which may work is to lie on the floor and raise your legs and torso into the air supporting your body on the floor with your shoulders and arms.  Rest like this for 10 minutes. Again this helps blood flow into your head and scalp.

And finally just bite the bullet and get a hair transplant. It worked for me.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chivas said:

Bald and sheared is not a good look on anyone fella

Says who? I know many young ladies who prefer it, especially when it tickles their inner thighs    LOL

Or do you prefer the Bobby Charlton comb-over, or even a syrup?