60 day visa extension from Chiang Mai

Any information available on obtaining a 60 day extension from Chiang Mai immigration ? My present extension expires on December the 30th 2020 . 

I visited an agent today and they were ready to perform the deed . Much rather do the work myself if that is possible . The present extension was based on a tourist visa .

58 minutes ago, Thailand Forever said:

Just curious, how much did the agent want for the job?

I would rather not divulge the price . I was more interested in finding out what Chiang Mai immigration is doing with the 60 days extension . I have read that they are only dealing with agents . 

1 hour ago, itsari said:

I would rather not divulge the price . I was more interested in finding out what Chiang Mai immigration is doing with the 60 days extension . I have read that they are only dealing with agents . 

You shouldn't need an agent, there are a lot of people who have reported obtaining an extension by themselves. The main issue I've read about from CM is people complaining that they are requesting an embassy letter. If you are from a country which does not issue them, send an email to the embassy requesting one. They should reply back saying one isn't required, or that they will not issue one. Or you could print out the statement on the embassy website that states they no longer issue them. Several members who had problems initially getting the extension found success like this. Then you can tick the box "embassy doesn't/will not issue one" on your affidavid form with your attached evidence. The IO then has no reason to complain.

Edited by 2530Ubon

7 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

You shouldn't need an agent, there are a lot of people who have reported obtaining an extension by themselves. The main issue I've read about from CM is people complaining that they are requesting an embassy letter. If you are from a country which does not issue them, send an email to the embassy requesting one. They should reply back saying one isn't required, or that they will not issue one. Or you could print out the statement on the embassy website that states they no longer issue them. Several members who had problems initially getting the extension found success like this. Then you can tick the box "embassy doesn't/will not issue one" on your affidavid form with your attached evidence. The IO then has no reason to complain.

1 hour ago, itsari said:

All went  well at Chiang Mai immigration yesterday , thank you for your help.

Glad it went well for you.  May I know what documents did they ask for and which office did you go to, the one at the airport or in Promenada?

When I went in October 2020, I was shuffled around between the two offices and they wanted a letter of support from my embassy and a TM30.

16 minutes ago, tygerstar said:

Glad it went well for you.  May I know what documents did they ask for and which office did you go to, the one at the airport or in Promenada?

When I went in October 2020, I was shuffled around between the two offices and they wanted a letter of support from my embassy and a TM30.

Office was the airport . I went to the promenada first and then directed to the office next to the airport . 

There are many forms to fill out that will be given to you at the immigration office . Most important is the affidavit . Number of options to cross off . The one i chose was that my embassy will not supply a extension letter . When giving my passport back they pointed out that the extension is to the 28th of February 2021 and also asked that I return on the 29th of January . Why that is about  I have no idea . 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, itsari said:

When giving my passport back they pointed out that the extension is to the 28th of February 2021 and also asked that I return on the 29th of January .

Did you get a extension stamp or a under consideration stamp with a report back date of January 29th.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you get a extension stamp or a under consideration stamp with a report back date of January 29th.

Actually I got neither after checking my passport . It was like a verbal request to report on the 29th of January . Nothing in writing at all . But the permission to stay is  definitely stamped to the 28th of February . Thank you for your enquiry 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, tygerstar said:

Hi.  Has anyone got any recent updates on getting an extension-of-stay because of Covid related reasons  at Chiang Mai Immigration?

Hi Tygerstar , I applied for a two month extension on the 17th of February for a previous extension due to finish on the 28th of February . All went ok except the application this time round  is under consideration and I must return on the 4th of March . They were also double checking the address given on my TM 30 and asked to call somebody to verify my address . The officer also looked into google maps and asked me to show the location where I am living .

The application was made in Chiang Mai.

Have a good day 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 3:55 AM, itsari said:

Same procedure as last time I presume.

Yes, I went last Monday and it was a smooth, painless process. The only "special" document required was the TM30 and I used the one from the previous application. My application is under consideration and I have to go back next week to get my passport stamped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tygerstar said:

Yes, I went last Monday and it was a smooth, painless process. The only "special" document required was the TM30 and I used the one from the previous application. My application is under consideration and I have to go back next week to get my passport stamped.

Went myself today . Under consideration , pick up on the 12th of May. 

• Like 1