Pattaya – success in excess

snoop1130

On 12/11/2020 at 8:32 PM, Leaver said:

Like this one?

No. Quite the opposite. You think by being obtuse and cynical you are being clever but you are not. Best stick to your world of easily accessible,  non challenging entertainment goals such as footie and plain food. Leave the more nuanced thinking to people with more experience than you. Pattaya sucks people in and spits them out

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 10:22 PM, Nout said:

You think by being obtuse and cynical you are being clever but you are not.

No, I don't.  Merely showing just one of the scams here.  A fake temple.

Best stick to your world of easily accessible,  non challenging entertainment goals such as footie and plain food.

I'm a retired expat here.  I like my Sunday roast and a good match of football.  What's wrong with that?

Leave the more nuanced thinking to people with more experience than you.

By experience, do you mean a Thai wife that you pay each month and trips to the village in Issan?

Pattaya sucks people in and spits them out

It certainly does, and given I have no emotional ties here, I rent, have nothing I can't sell or leave in in 48 hours, and I abide by the laws, I'm quite sure I will be here longer than many.  Indeed, in my short time living her full time, I have all ready seen many go home broke.     

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

No, I don't.  Merely showing just one of the scams here.  A fake temple.

I'm a retired expat here.  I like my Sunday roast and a good match of football.  What's wrong with that?

By experience, do you mean a Thai wife that you pay each month and trips to the village in Issan?

It certainly does, and given I have no emotional ties here, I rent, have nothing I can't sell or leave in in 48 hours, and I abide by the laws, I'm quite sure I will be here longer than many.  Indeed, in my short time living her full time, I have all ready seen many go home broke.     

Are you suggesting you're the smartest man in the loom?

I'd imagine you have fantastic memories of your time here so really they'd be classed as 'emotional ties', right? not as easy to leave as what you'd suggest.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:42 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

Are you suggesting you're the smartest man in the loom?

I'd imagine you have fantastic memories of your time here so really they'd be classed as 'emotional ties', right? not as easy to leave as what you'd suggest.

Define "smart." 

There's been some very intelligent guys come to Thailand and gone home broke.  I guess they were not that smart after all. 

It's always perplexed me how financially successful guys from the west come here and make terrible financial decisions, despite the information available to them.   

I've had some great times in Thailand over the years, and continue to do so, but I wouldn't say I am emotionally tied to Thailand.  I simply call Thailand (Pattaya) my "base" and I can move my base in South East Asia very quickly and very easily, should I ever want to, need to, or have to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Define "smart." 

There's been some very intelligent guys come to Thailand and gone home broke.  I guess they were not that smart after all. 

It's always perplexed me how financially successful guys from the west come here and make terrible financial decisions, despite the information available to them.   

I've had some great times in Thailand over the years, and continue to do so, but I wouldn't say I am emotionally tied to Thailand.  I simply call Thailand (Pattaya) my "base" and I can move my base in South East Asia very quickly and very easily, should I ever want to, need to, or have to.

Define 'intelligent'