Anyone manage to download a EAC3 Codec to MX Player?

giddyup

I have the MX Player installed on my Sony Bravia Smart TV but it will not play EAC3 audio files and these seem to be appearing more and more frequently on my torrent downloads. I have found the ARMV7 Codec on Google but I keep getting a message that it's not compatible with my version of MX player, which is the latest, so I'm not sure what else to try. I also have VLC player installed which will play EAC3 files, but I prefer the MX player, so would like to install the codec if I can.

14 hours ago, Oldie said:

At my Android I use the neon.1.7.32. Codec for MX Player. Perhaps there is a newer version already. Not sure if it will solve your problem. I can play AC3 with it. 

Did you download this codec or did the MX Player have it already installed? My MX Player is the 1.31.3 version and the codec to match is supposed to be ARMv7.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Did you download this codec or did the MX Player have it already installed? My MX Player is the 1.31.3 version and the codec to match is supposed to be ARMv7.

Try these codecs. If they don't help you can uninstall them. There are zip and apk versions. Look here:

https://mxplayer.app/mx-player-custom-codec-download/

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Try these codecs. If they don't help you can uninstall them. There are zip and apk versions. Look here:

https://mxplayer.app/mx-player-custom-codec-download/

Tried them before, for some reason they won't download to my Android TV. When I get a movie with a EAC3 file I'll just play it on VLC Player. Thanks.