Help; Second Ubc Connection

wimsikkes

You can't look different ubc channels at two different places. You can however use a device which will transmit the infrared beam of your remote to another room. This would allow you to control your ubc decoder from your bedroom. Obviously if the channel gets changed from the bedroom, the channel in the living room will change as well!

Ubc does have the option of installing a second decoder in the same house/condo for which you pay only around 450+ Baht extra per month. With this setup you can watch your football in the livingroom and the wife ubc X-zyte in the bedroom!

You can simply plug a coax cable into the RF out socket of the decoder and run the cable to the TV in the other room.

I feed mine into the distribution system for the house, then anyone

can watch what is on the main set, in the privacy of their own room.

Make sure you use good coax, as you will probably be on a higher frequency to avoid other cable channels.!!

You can simply plug a coax cable into the RF out socket of the decoder and run the cable to the TV in the other room.

I feed mine into the distribution system for the house, then anyone

can watch what is on the main set, in the privacy of their own room.

Make sure you use good coax, as you will probably be on a higher frequency to avoid other cable channels.!!

All you need to do is go to a UBC office tell them what you want and they will come and install it (the RG-Link) via coax.

They didn't say anything about an infrared device though when I had my coax link installed (maybe a new device recently made available recently)

The only downside is that unless you have a second de-coder everyone has to watch the same channel.

That's fine if you "doo eng"

One decoder, multiple sets, same program for all.

For the Thai in the family, UBC has a quality antenna and will mount it for nominal charge, Thai gets all Thai channels which is all mine ever wants to watch.

Out in the sticks reception from an aerial is not so good,

but you can do the same thing using the local cable tv as

the alternative

One decoder, multiple sets, same program for all.

For the Thai in the family, UBC has a quality antenna and will mount it for nominal charge, Thai gets all Thai channels which is all mine ever wants to watch.

Out in the sticks reception from an aerial is not so good,

but you can do the same thing using the local cable tv as

the alternative

Are you referring to an antenna or a satellite dish.

A satelite dish (supplied by UBC) should receive a good signal wherever in Thailand it is located, providing of course that it directed towards the satellite that is. And without trees, buildings etc., and the like obstructing the dishes line of sight with the satellite.