Extension of stay expires during quarantine in Bangkok hotel...

I have a friend returning from Sweden, he did leave for a year ago with a re entry permit, so that is all good. But he noticed now in his passport that he will lose this extension during his present quarantine., He is there now, and will be released out again 26th december...

Is there any way that he can save this extension or does he have to start all over again the process of applying for a new one???

Thank you guys for your help...

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

8 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Plse focus on the question, the answer I can give you, I do not know, but he did, didn´t he??

glegolo

I think the part where he just realized while in quarantine that his current permission of stay will expire prior to leaving quarantine is priceless.

There are comments in other threads with visa exempt entry now added to ways to enter Thailand that stamp might be issued for 45 days instead of 30 due to quarantine.

I doubt your "friends" situation. 

BTW to start over he would need to obtain a new non O. Not possible.

If only several days past his POS he could pay overstay and obtain new 12 month extension. Imm may even overlook it given quarantine circumstances. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If only several days past his POS he could pay overstay and obtain new 12 month extension. Imm may even overlook it given quarantine circumstances. 

Aha, so this is a small possibility for him,  great..... Thank you for your input.....

Hopefully Ubonjoe can confirm more details in all this, that would be comforting

glegolo

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How did he obtain a COE with an extension due to expire.

I obtained a CoE with a ThaiElite visa back in July, presented all marriage documents etc... At the time entry with a Thai Elite Visa was not permitted, I guess the Embassy were as much in the dark as I was regarding entry permission. Fortunately the Embassy staff scrambled and gave me a Single Entry Type O Visa. 

Thus: Its entirely possible the Mission Officer at the Embassy overlooked this detail or assumed the permission of stay upon arrival will be longer. 

I would suspect simply applying for the same visa again is the safest option, then go through the extension of stay option. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I obtained a CoE with a ThaiElite visa back in July, presented all marriage documents etc... At the time entry with a Thai Elite Visa was not permitted, I guess the Embassy were as much in the dark as I was regarding entry permission. Fortunately the Embassy staff scrambled and gave me a Single Entry Type O Visa. 

So why you spent the money on the elite visa, knowing that it didn't entitle you to an entry, while I understand you're married, so most likely have an extension based on marriage?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Hopefully Ubonjoe can confirm more details in all this, that would be comforting

If his extension ends during the quarantine immigration should do it after he gets out and he pays the overstay fine of 500 baht per day. He needs to make arrangements to do as soon as possible after quarantine.

He should check his arrival stamp to see what his admitted to date on it is. I assume it is to the day his re-entry permit expired.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

If his extension ends during the quarantine immigration should do it after he gets out and he pays the overstay fine of 500 baht per day. He needs to make arrangements to do as soon as possible after quarantine.

He should check his arrival stamp to see what his admitted to date on it is. I assume it is to the day his re-entry permit expired.

Beutiful,  many thanks you and others.....  I am looking for the phone number to Khon Kaen Immigration to help this guy, are you familiar where I can find that phone number??

glegolo

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There are comments in other threads with visa exempt entry now added to ways to enter Thailand that stamp might be issued for 45 days instead of 30 due to quarantine.

That did not start until late last week and doubt they would of given him a 30 day visa exempt entry.

It is a 30 day visa exempt entry with a 45 day extension instead of 30 days according to what I have read about it.

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I would suspect simply applying for the same visa again is the safest option, then go through the extension of stay option.

He would not be able to apply for non o visa at immigration as he entered on extension to a non o. That avenue would require he entered on tourist visa or visa exempt. 

As I posted earlier he can attend immigration asap after quarantine and pay overstay (if required) and apply for 12 month extension.

However since this all seems a surprise to the chap maybe he has not seasoned his money in bank back up to 800k

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Beutiful,  many thanks you and others.....  I am looking for the phone number to Khon Kaen Immigration to help this guy, are you familiar where I can find that phone number??

glegolo

?

Let's assume you have access to the internet.

They have a website listing the number.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
46 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He would not be able to apply for non o visa at immigration as he entered on extension to a non o. That avenue would require he entered on tourist visa or visa exempt. 

As I posted earlier he can attend immigration asap after quarantine and pay overstay (if required) and apply for 12 month extension.

However since this all seems a surprise to the chap maybe he has not seasoned his money in bank back up to 800k

I missed the part that he’s already in ASQ (and comes out on 26th Dec) - the question is being asked a little to late really. 

That said: There may be scope for his ASQ stay to be taken into consideration and then he can apply for another extension - he should have his money seasoned as he knew he was going to apply for the extension anyway, he just got caught out with the ASQ timing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Susco said:
5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because I wasn’t married when I purchased Thai Elite Membership over a decade ago. 

Sorry, my understanding was that you got the elite visa when you wanted to return a few months ago.

Nope, I’ve been coming and going on the Thai Elite SE Visa for years, very convenient with no yearly hoop-jumping etc but I was quite disappointed to find out (back in July (that I couldn’t use the Thai Elite Visa to enter). 

Fortunately, applying for a Non-Imm O was a very quick and simple process and the Thai Embassy in London were very helpful in resolving the misunderstanding. 

Upon expiry of the Non-Imm O visa, I expected to revert back to my Thai Elite SE visa but was told I would have to leave the country. Not an option. All very disappointing as I was also told that people (tourists and those on amnesty) could apply for a Thai Elite visa from within Thailand without having to leave. 

Fortunately, I had money seasoned so didn’t get caught short, but I was still rather irritated to find myself with a perfectly good (life time visa) which I was unable to use !!!! 

I’m sticking with the Non-Imm O extensions for the remainder of 2021 just incase this debacle continues throughout 2021 - but now have to secure a re-entry permit when I travel overseas very soon. 

------

Back on topic, it seems as though the Ops option are to overstay and then apply for another extension as soon as he is out of ASQ. 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Back on topic, it seems as though the Ops option are to overstay and then apply for another extension as soon as he is out of ASQ.

Seems best/only option. The thing is folk, such as myself, obtaining annual extensions have their renewal by date like a birthday.

Your very aware of it as it requires the seasoning if funds that are very strict. The fact that OPs friend seems oblivious makes me wonder if funds in place. 

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope, I’ve been coming and going on the Thai Elite SE Visa for years, very convenient with no yearly hoop-jumping etc but I was quite disappointed to find out (back in July (that I couldn’t use the Thai Elite Visa to enter). 

I recall a news story that Elite visa holders were one of the first allowed to return, but maybe that was after July, or it was only for new elite visa holders e.g. Thai style

1 hour ago, Susco said:

I recall a news story that Elite visa holders were one of the first allowed to return, but maybe that was after July, or it was only for new elite visa holders e.g. Thai style

It was well after July. 

Initially only foreigners with Thai residency, Work Permit holders and those on Non-Immigrant B visas could return on the repatriation flights (along with Thai’s being repatriated) - via the CoE option through the Embassy and an Embassy allocated flight. 

In June it was announced that Foreign Spouses and parents of Thai Nationals (i.e. Marriage cert or named on birth cert) could also return: I was fortunate enough to return on one of the first repatriation flights permitting entry as a spouse. 

There was plenty of news surround the Thai Elite Visa entry in August, but IF I’m not mistaken it wasn’t until September that Thai Elite Visa holders were permitted entry, the process was slightly more convoluted in that the Application for CoE had to be made through Thai Elite who then sought permission from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs after which the ‘local Thai Embassy’ would be notified and would issue the CoE. 

All in all a complete faff - There was never any harm in letting anyone in, no matter what Visa they were on, if they were / are prepared to meet the testing and quarantine requirements. 

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

?

Let's assume you have access to the internet.

They have a website listing the number.

Too much of a Herculean effort for you to provide a simple phone number, then, is it?

@glegolo - it's 043 306 642

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 2