British Airways Flights - LHR to BKK Cancelled?

falang1969

5 minutes ago, falang1969 said:

Just had an email cancelling our flights to the UK in June with BA.

Went to re-book another date and no flights available at any time, checked all months to Sept 2021.

Could this be the end of direct flights BKK- LHR with BA? That leaves only Eva Air.

For what it's worth the Dutch government put the whole world on the orange list yesterday,that means only absolutely necessary travel.So it's almost impossible to get insurance etc etc.

I found this on the internet dated today 16th Dec 2020.....

"In addition, BA will not operate to Sydney or Bangkok until the beginning of the winter 2020/21 season on 30 October next year. It will also suspend flights from Gatwick to Costa Rica’s capital San Jose for the summer from 17 April 2021.

A BA spokesperson said: “We are sorry that, like other airlines, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic and global travel restrictions we are operating a reduced and dynamic schedule.

“We will be in touch with any customers whose flights are affected and advise customers to check ba.com for the latest flight information.”

So, that just leaves Eva at the moment.

That’s bad news, B.A. has gone horribly downhill since their hay-day.  

However, I still use them for simplicity and proximity – their luggage allowance was always good - that’s obv’ changed too in the last few years. They were still cheaper than alternative if you were flexible on dates whenever we look.

Our return trip seems to be getting further, than closer.

45 minutes ago, adammike said:

For what it's worth the Dutch government put the whole world on the orange list yesterday,that means only absolutely necessary travel.So it's almost impossible to get insurance etc etc.

Van Gogh said orange was the colour of madness & he was a bit of an expert in both fields I would say.

I dare anyone who's been around the sois of Pratamnak & seen the horror shows that are the many nordic condo/hotels to disagree with me, they are a proper eyesore & can only devalue the places as I'd want a big discount to stay there.

It's not a colour that most would be drawn to by choice.

38 minutes ago, falang1969 said:

I found this on the internet dated today 16th Dec 2020.....

"In addition, BA will not operate to Sydney or Bangkok until the beginning of the winter 2020/21 season on 30 October next year. It will also suspend flights from Gatwick to Costa Rica’s capital San Jose for the summer from 17 April 2021.

A BA spokesperson said: “We are sorry that, like other airlines, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic and global travel restrictions we are operating a reduced and dynamic schedule.

“We will be in touch with any customers whose flights are affected and advise customers to check ba.com for the latest flight information.”

So, that just leaves Eva at the moment.

Seatguru was showing LHR-BKK route starting back up on the 12th Jan 2020 only yesterday.

I'll have another look see.

12 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Seatguru was showing LHR-BKK route starting back up on the 12th Jan 2020 only yesterday.

I'll have another look see.

Seatguru still showing direst flights but BA aren't in fact they are all the place even with connections & pricing if you want to try & connect through KUL, SIN or HGK

1 hour ago, adammike said:

You won't get flight insurance but you usually buy health insurance from an insurer in the country that you are flying to