COE, Thai embassy does not reply

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If in the southern part of Vietnam you might want to contact the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.

The COE site shows this mentioned previously. Perhaps complete the application and submit it to them.

image.png.ebaa8ffadfe814c103131223a89fb67d.png

Thank you, Ubonjoe, for your always good advice. I've read the registration and thought about the implications. Would you suggest waiting until early January to see if the requirements will be relaxed further in 2021?

There have been more than 10 repatriation flights from Vietnam to Bangkok so far and another is planned on 29th December from Ha Noi (registration is closed).

If you meet the requirements for a COE follow the procedures rigidly and at the appropriate time apply for a flight - usually the window for this including time to make payment is short. Look on website, FB for information on flights.

My local Embassy also did not reply to emails or answer the phone - so I used the on-line process, and it worked well.  The jolly little introductory video is informative, and I was sent an auto email at each stage. 

The main work is getting all the documents sorted and timing the COVID test right.  I used Timeanddate.com to double check my 72 hour calculation.

A printer/scanner is also essential - I was on a business trip, so had to buy one locally - and WIFI printers like the Epson L3150 can connect via WIFI to your phone using a simple App -  making things easier for travellers.

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

On 27 November I had an email response in hours and a 3 hour turnaround granting my COE after application. Did something happen since then ?? 

Yeah I sent them a email and had similar response time in a few hrs. Since then nothing ????

13 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

There have been more than 10 repatriation flights from Vietnam to Bangkok so far and another is planned on 29th December from Ha Noi (registration is closed).

If you meet the requirements for a COE follow the procedures rigidly and at the appropriate time apply for a flight - usually the window for this including time to make payment is short. Look on website, FB for information on flights.

To check possible flights into early January at embassy website? what means FB in this context?

On 12/17/2020 at 2:51 PM, rimmae2 said:

Did you apply using the following, which is the method that was introduced some time ago for applicants from all countries? If not I read some time ago that if application was made to Embassy prior to this method being introduced that new application has to be made. 

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th

So you can apply through this website instead of the embassy in your country or area? Is there an additional fee?

6 minutes ago, sudsy said:

So you can apply through this website instead of the embassy in your country or area? Is there an additional fee?

In some countries that' website is the only way you can apply for a CoE. There's no additional fee. There's a drop down menu where you select the country you are applying from.

I was emailing my local Thai embassy as part of the process but rules changed and anyone wishing to enter from my country after 04 January had to apply through that website. My registration request was approved 4 hours later with a contact email address of the same embassy person I had originally dealt with.

Archived