Help needed please!

EL159

Ao Nang is one of my favourite locations. Thinking of a visit from Chiang Mai where I live in January. Like to stay in a nice resort but mostly like to eat out at night.

How are things at Ao Nang right now? Restaurants mostly open or is it a ghost town?

Advice much appreciated, thanks!

I live in CM and I am in Krabi now on holiday, been here the last week. I drove down to Ao Nang yesterday at 5pm and it is very very quiet.

I wanted to go to my favourite Curry restaurant, but was closed!

There is no-one on the streets but there are a few small shops and restaurants that are open.

I would say 95% of everything is closed, compared to normal.

Being honest, we are loving it, staying at Klong Muang Beach at Dusit Thani Beach resort.....breakfast is surprisingly busy with Thai tourists, but the beach and pool are almost deserted from 10am on, so not sure where the Thai's are going? Day trips I presume.

Every day so far, we have almost had the beach and pool to ourselves, very relaxing and very peaceful!

Edited by falang1969

On 12/18/2020 at 4:13 PM, falang1969 said:

I live in CM and I am in Krabi now on holiday, been here the last week. I drove down to Ao Nang yesterday at 5pm and it is very very quiet.

I wanted to go to my favourite Curry restaurant, but was closed!

There is no-one on the streets but there are a few small shops and restaurants that are open.

I would say 95% of everything is closed, compared to normal.

Being honest, we are loving it, staying at Klong Muang Beach at Dusit Thani Beach resort.....breakfast is surprisingly busy with Thai tourists, but the beach and pool are almost deserted from 10am on, so not sure where the Thai's are going? Day trips I presume.

Every day so far, we have almost had the beach and pool to ourselves, very relaxing and very peaceful!

I echo this, was there begining of November for 5 days then went up to Khao Lak ( now that place is quite! )

Loved it, clean water / no queues / not many people - great time to visit IMO.