Address change for Tourist Visa

I read some info about address change but those people had different kinds of visa than I have so I am not sure if it applies to me and if those rules are still valid.

I am currently at ASQ hotel.

I gave already information during visa process and at the airport where I will stay after I have finished quarantine.

But I would like to change that address and stay longer at a different place.

I am not sure what`s the process of changing that.

Also, to be honest it looks little strange when you get a  tourist visa for 90 days (with extension) and you have to tell straight away where exactly and how long you will stay for .

Tourists who come for longer, usually are flexible with their stays. They stay longer or shorter at different places depends how they feel there.

For now (maybe because I do not understand fully how it works) it seems to me that every time I decide to go somewhere, even  for 2 days, from my original address (I gave to immigration office), I will have to let  them know about it.

I know that for some of you those things obvious but if you are not into something you simply do not know.

I would really appreciate your opinion, advise.

There is no longer a requirement to report your address every time you move or go to a different province. That was changed earlier this year.

The only time you will need to show address is when you apply for the 30 day extension. That can be a TM30 report done by a hotel and etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

Your landlord has to submit a TM30 to inform immigration that you stay at his place.

You should ask him for the TM30 receipt, because if you apply for an extension you will probably be asked for it.

So you mean I do not need to do anything, s/he will do that for me?

What about if I live in one place for 30 days and decided to go somewhere for 2 days.

I do not need to do anything?

4 minutes ago, jednakropka said:

So you mean I do not need to do anything, s/he will do that for me?

Technically yes. Your landlord has to submit the TM30, but in case he doesn't do it you are the one who might have problems when applying for the extension, so you should confirm with him that he will actually do it.

4 minutes ago, jednakropka said:

What about if I live in one place for 30 days and decided to go somewhere for 2 days.

I do not need to do anything?

Yes, nothing to do for you.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no longer a requirement to report your address every time you move or go to a different province. That was changed earlier this year.

The only time you will need to show address is when you apply for the 30 day extension. That can be a TM30 report done by a hotel and etc.

To get TV I needed to give them Hotel booking confirmation for the whole stay.

Also, my friend works in hotel and recently Immigration officers came to checked someone who was on TV if that person really lives where he stated. Not sure how it can be explained.

5 minutes ago, jednakropka said:

To get TV I needed to give them Hotel booking confirmation for the whole stay.

That is just a requirement for the visa application.

7 minutes ago, jednakropka said:

Also, my friend works in hotel and recently Immigration officers came to checked someone who was on TV if that person really lives where he stated.

That might be part of the post quarantine check that is not really related to any immigration requirement. 

• Like 1