Two-baht Coin To Be Introduced

george

This might be an Image of the new 2 baht coin. But I am not positive.

Website

The picture is not very clear but from what I can make out these coins are not this year’s (2548) issue. Apparently, they were commemorative issues, limited quantity.

Unpopular is a understatement. I gave 4 to a bus conductor who proceeded to lend my ear a mouthful. I guess they are too easy to mix with the 1 ThB coins. She promptly stowed them in her shirt pocket and not the tin and gave me the eye for the rest of the trip.

Yes I also agree 2 baht is a silly waste of money and they should get rid of the one baht to make the smallest a 5 bht.

Who, I wonder, is going to tell the British to get rid of their 1/2p, 1p and 2p coins? Who is going to tell the USA and other countries to eliminate their smallest-denomination coins?

A 2-Baht coin makes a lot of sense to me. If this denomination did not become popular in the past it was, I believe, because those were commemorative issues with a limited volume, and the very first issue was of such bad quality that nobody wanted to use it: the metal rubbed off far too easily on the fingers. I had a whole bag full of that first issue but can’t find them any more; I believe it hat two princesses on it.

The attached picture is a scan of two coins issued in 1985.

There ought to be a website where all the Thai coins are shown but I cannot find it. Can anyone post the link?

Maestro, they stopped using the 1/2P coin in the UK years ago :o