'Big Bike' maintenance in Rawai/Chalong??

Tapster

I have a Thai chopper ... a bespoke machine, built in the finest traditions of Heath Robinson and MacGyver.

Here it is:

2053814305_ChopperRawaiBeach.thumb.JPG.a4e459692a0578144b9ca6c99eeb7f4a.JPG

BUT, it's in need of some TLC. I have stripped the carburettor and it hasn't gone so well. I need help!

Does anyone know of a reliable bike mechanic in Rawai/Chalong, please??

The guy I went to this morning, promised to visit but didn't and I think the green leaves he was chewing might have led to his lack of reliability.

Seriously, I need assistance from a trustworthy engineer.

Thank you all!    ????

If you want to go a bit further afield but not to much i suggest Southern Big Bikes at the start of Patong. If you are heading from the Kata side its at the top of the hill.

Bang the owner speaks excellent english and when i used him never had any problems.

If you google Southern Big Bikes all details are there. They can also do pick up i believe if required.

Hope this helps.

Edited by stretch5163
spelling
  • Like 2

@stretch5163

Thank you. I know Bang, and he has helped me before. He's just a very long way away, and I only need help with a carb rebuild.

The guy I talked to this morning, Dr Zak, in Rawai, actually did turn up, but way later than he said.

He's taken all my carb parts and promised to make gold out of base metal!

We'll see, and I will report back.

????

• Like 1

@beechbum

Thank you, and especially for the street view and map.  ????

I have used these guys once in the past. They were OK.

Problem is, and I should have probably made it clearer, the bike isn't running at the moment and I have the carb off the bike and in pieces! There's a jet stuck. I successfully unscrewed it but it's stuck in its access tube by gummed-up fuel. I've tried acetone, petrol and graphite releasing oil, to get it to come out, but no good.

Anyway, now I'll see what Dr Zak can do with it. He's on Viset road, more or less opposite the Best Western.