Thailand continues to reopen for travellers slowly and safely

webfact

On 12/24/2020 at 11:57 PM, BudRight said:

I came to Thailand on a tourist visa and am on my 15th day of ASQ. It's the end of a nearly two month process to get into Thailand in which I've spent about 70,000 baht. Nobody is going to go through the trouble to get here under these conditions. Not that they should change them, mind you - just saying that the circumstances are too onerous to be inviting. 

Yes, the process is pretty clear cut these days if you research it thoroughly. But it still costs a lot of money, has a lot of steps, and takes at least a month. Knowing what I know now, I would still do it. But I hope to god I don't have to do it twice. 

Just curious why it takes a month?  If after receiving your initial acceptance you have to  provide airline/asq within 15 days. If you send in earlier within the time limits allowed it can be done in less than a month.  Am i correct? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 7:29 PM, Bkktodd said:

Just curious why it takes a month?  If after receiving your initial acceptance you have to  provide airline/asq within 15 days. If you send in earlier within the time limits allowed it can be done in less than a month.  Am i correct? 

It's 15 business days and there were three holidays including US holidays and Thai holidays. Plus a day each way for mail. So more like 26 actual days.

• Like 1