Resale Values

I am in the market for a truck. We will buy the top of the range 4x4 4 door automatic with leather seats. I love the Triton (just me then?) and my wife loves the Vigo. I also like the vigo exterior but I think the interior is bland and plasticky wheras the Triton is actually quite nice.

I haven't driven either yet so that will be the real decider I guess.

My wife says the Triton is no good and we will lose money due to the low resale value. And herein lies my problem.

Wherever I see second hand Tritons they look to be around the same price as Vigos. I am thinking about 1 year old models.

So is this resale stuff an urban myth or can someone point me in the direction of year old top of the range tritons with low prices! Cause if the arse drops out of them second hand I am happy to buy one thats already lost the fat wedge of depreciation.

I am in the market for a truck. We will buy the top of the range 4x4 4 door automatic with leather seats. I love the Triton (just me then?) and my wife loves the Vigo. I also like the vigo exterior but I think the interior is bland and plasticky wheras the Triton is actually quite nice.

I haven't driven either yet so that will be the real decider I guess.

My wife says the Triton is no good and we will lose money due to the low resale value. And herein lies my problem.

Wherever I see second hand Tritons they look to be around the same price as Vigos. I am thinking about 1 year old models.

So is this resale stuff an urban myth or can someone point me in the direction of year old top of the range tritons with low prices! Cause if the arse drops out of them second hand I am happy to buy one thats already lost the fat wedge of depreciation.

Your wife is right. Go looking around the second hand dealers,look at 2nd hand on the net and buy a couple mags.

If you're going to have either for a number of years then it doesn't matter that much.