Forum upgrade in progress! ×

QUESTIONS regarding Flight Ticket + Non O Marry

Hello everybody
I have some questions regarding Ticket /Non O marry/Extensions

1. I am Dutch......Do i need a return Ticket (KLM) to go to my wife in Thailand?.....will a COE be issued?....I am planning to stay longer then 3 month
    so i do NOT know when i will be back.OR do i always need a return ticket.
2. I am preparing all my documents for COE

+ Marry documents
    + NON -O visa appication
    + insurance TIP Insurance (Thai)
    + insurance The Netherlands (without confirming 100.000 $ .....but telling " unlimited"
    + Booking/confirming ASQ
    + FTF/CPR-RT COVID TEST

3. My Planning:
    - Stay 90 days ( Single Non-O Marry Visa )
    - 60 day Extension based of visiting my wife
    - IF accepted i try to do a application (1 year) with the 40.000 monthly deposit from abroad / I NOT have 400.000 baht !
    - 30 day extension (normal)

- Maybe if i can do above....the borders will be open again (AUG/SEPT) and i can do my borderruns again

Can anyone confirm...if i do it all right..............or other suggestions
Thank you ALL

You will apply for the COE online here. A round trip ticket is not required. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

No ticket out of the country is mentioned here for the non-o visa application.

See: https://hague.thaiembassy.org/th/page/76474-non-immigrant-visa-o-(others)?menu=5d81cce815e39c2eb8004f0f

No need to apply for the 60 day extension if you are prepared to apply for the one year extension near the end of your 90 day entry from the non-o visa.

You can get do a affidavit at the Netherlands embassy in Bangkok to prove your 40k baht income.

You get a under consideration stamp with report back date 30 days from the day you apply for the one year extension after it is accepted (it is not a extension).

No need to do a border run if you have a one year extension of stay.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will apply for the COE online here. A round trip ticket is not required. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

No ticket out of the country is mentioned here for the non-o visa application.

See: https://hague.thaiembassy.org/th/page/76474-non-immigrant-visa-o-(others)?menu=5d81cce815e39c2eb8004f0f

No need to apply for the 60 day extension if you are prepared to apply for the one year extension near the end of your 90 day entry from the non-o visa.

You can get do a affidavit at the Netherlands embassy in Bangkok to prove your 40k baht income.

You get a under consideration stamp with report back date 30 days from the day you apply for the one year extension after it is accepted (it is not a extension).

No need to do a border run if you have a one year extension of stay.

Hi joe . Can you apply for the one year extension if you are on a 60 day extension 90 day runs out or can you only apply if on the original 90 day you enter with ?  I am entering on a single non o based on Thai wife and was going to then apply for year extension based on marriage, but if I can get an extra 2 months out of it I would be as well to. Thanks 

25 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Hi joe . Can you apply for the one year extension if you are on a 60 day extension 90 day runs out or can you only apply if on the original 90 day you enter with ?  I am entering on a single non o based on Thai wife and was going to then apply for year extension based on marriage, but if I can get an extra 2 months out of it I would be as well to. Thanks 

You can freely apply for a one-year extension of your permission to stay, whether the permission was previously extended already or not.

52 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Can you apply for the one year extension if you are on a 60 day extension 90 day runs out or can you only apply if on the original 90 day you enter with ?

You can apply for the one year extension near the end of the 60 day extension.

A extension extends your original 90 day entry from the non-o visa.

Not have 400,000 Baht?  And thinking of living in Thailand?  Thailand can be an expensive country, especially for farang.   You will need this sort of money as an emergency fund, and if you do not have this, then IMHO you are asking for trouble.

I think of the 800,000 I have to keep in the bank for retirement visa as an emergency fund in case I am taken seriously ill or injured.

Thailand does not even help its own citizens in emergencies, so do not expect it to help a farang.

1 hour ago, Robin said:

Not have 400,000 Baht?  And thinking of living in Thailand?  Thailand can be an expensive country, especially for farang.   You will need this sort of money as an emergency fund, and if you do not have this, then IMHO you are asking for trouble.

I think of the 800,000 I have to keep in the bank for retirement visa as an emergency fund in case I am taken seriously ill or injured.

Thailand does not even help its own citizens in emergencies, so do not expect it to help a farang.

SORRY to tell you...but that i find a very strange reply/remark..........

First of all....i did not tell that i was living in Thailand
Second of all......i DO know Thailand....and know that not everything is cheap
Third...................I come to Thailand for 12 years up and married twice with a Thai

I always use the borderrun options and the Multi Entry Tourist Visa before the Corona crisis
Now i got married just in september this year.............because i know my wife already for 6 years AND
to apply for a COE is /was the best option for me to see my wife again.(NOW it has changed again and
tourist visas are availble again...which i did not know before and has just been allowed again.

Now/since i have been married i can apply for a NON-O marry Visa and get my COE with all the other
requirements.
Also i get my monthly income and my wife is working (25.000 per month) and we have a own Home/New car
I am in Thailand each year for 6 month up (with Tourist Visa + borderruns)
Now my planning will be different and use my NON-O option and stay longer

Is that so strange that i have NO 400.000 baht in my account? (I have also my own Thai Bank Krungsri)
I know i have the option to prove the 40.000 monthly income from abroad .......so me probably using that option

Dont tell me that i not know Thailand and not know the costs of beiing here.I even worked as Tourist police for some time.

Archived