Thailand imposes entertainment curbs in capital to thwart virus spread

webfact

12 hours ago, stretch5163 said:

Not really going to be a lockdown when regional governors still have the say so to new year parties and bars / clubs still able to open to midnight...so its going to be kind of a lockdown but not really a lockdown in the sense of the words used.

All those tourists who went through quarantine and spent all that money are going to be thrilled when everything shuts down. 

You can always count on getting screwed in Thailand, one way or the other.

It has always amazed me that government officials arbitrarily decide when and where Covid is contagious. Thailand has now decided that it's after midnight. I wonder what time Covid goes back to sleep? 

Edited by Curt1591

17 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

It has always amazed me that government officials arbitrarily decide when and where Covid is contagious. Thailand has now decided that it's after midnight. I wonder what time Covid goes back to sleep? 

Evening curfew is a thing they do in many countries . It is not because the virus goes to sleep . It is to temper partying , and people gathering together . The later the hours , the more alcohol , the lesser people do care about social distancing . I just read that in some parts of France night curfew will be extended from 8pm to 6 pm , all to get people to stay home .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Alcohol kills the virus! 

Why they didn't make you the most  famous scientist ... i really don't know . You should get the Nobelprice , now fast go to hospital , and give every Covid patient a beer .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

2 hours ago, sezze said:

Evening curfew is a thing they do in many countries . It is not because the virus goes to sleep . It is to temper partying , and people gathering together . The later the hours , the more alcohol , the lesser people do care about social distancing . I just read that in some parts of France night curfew will be extended from 8pm to 6 pm , all to get people to stay home .

1 hour ago, Curt1591 said:

Alcohol kills the virus! 

50 minutes ago, sezze said:

Why they didn't make you the most  famous scientist ... i really don't know . You should get the Nobelprice , now fast go to hospital , and give every Covid patient a beer .

Try a Google search for the term "sarcasm". 

Maybe you could also find a sense of humor while searching ... ????

Edited by Curt1591
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, sandyf said:

What's wrong with that. 

The ones around here you have to do the  hands, face and temperature to get in. Tables are socially distant and the stalls bring the food to your table. You can remove the mask to eat but walk about and you will soon be pulled up. Markets are the least of the problem areas.

I flew up to CM the week before Christmas, masks are mandatory in the airport, but unbelievable the number walking about with mask down and a bottle of water in their hand.

It is about how people respond to the requirements, rather than what requirements are laid down, after 9 months nobody can say they don't know.

Not food eating markets. The local markets that people use where they are packed together, all touching meat and vegetables and putting them back. Seen it last lockdown!

11 hours ago, WuhanVagabond said:

(most stringent and compliant masked up areas in US/Europe seeing massive surges). It's also rather comical....

"The US is one of the most stringent and compliant masked-up areas" is one of the funniest things I've read all week. Thanks for the much-needed laugh!

6 hours ago, dukeandduke said:

"The US is one of the most stringent and compliant masked-up areas" is one of the funniest things I've read all week. Thanks for the much-needed laugh!

You didn't comprehend what I said- so enjoy your laugh. I said.... the comparison between heavily compliant and locked down areas vs areas with NO mask mandates that are NOT locked down... look at the data. Masks aren't doing s---. THAT is my point. I wish they were. At this point, anyone remotely paying attention who thinks a mask will protect them from acquiring the virus is, well, not even remotely paying attention. Can it help?... probably, maybe, kinda... but many times, not.

1 hour ago, WuhanVagabond said:

You didn't comprehend what I said- so enjoy your laugh. I said.... the comparison between heavily compliant and locked down areas vs areas with NO mask mandates that are NOT locked down... look at the data. Masks aren't doing s---. THAT is my point. I wish they were. At this point, anyone remotely paying attention who thinks a mask will protect them from acquiring the virus is, well, not even remotely paying attention. Can it help?... probably, maybe, kinda... but many times, not.

I quoted you. Now analyze the government and citizen actions in Taiwan, Singapore, New Zealand  etc. Meanwhile, U.S. holds anti-masker rallies, the president and vice president visit hospitals maskless, 41-year-olds hold mask-less events, get elected to Congress and die of COVID weeks later... but go on, trust the word of some rando on IG.

On 12/29/2020 at 12:31 PM, paulikens said:

but its still very small numbers now so why cant they do it again and in actual fact it should be easier as they are more prepared for it this time,.

is it cuz you and the 'thailand handled it well' people actual know deep down they just dodged a bullet by luck, if not why are you not so confident now they will handle it?     is it because when it first appeared in thailand it was very early on and it hadnt even touched the rest of the world and so there was hardly any testing or capacity to(not thailands fault admitly) 

and they could also manipulated figures so early on, as now everyone is under scrutiny to reveal true figures, cuz lets not forget thailand was the first country outside china to report a case in dec/jan  yet didnt lockdown till mid march so dont tell me it was cuz of lockdown, as in relation to their first cases they was actually very slow to lockdown and by then the horse had bolted as the chinese had been in their hordes by then.

so why do you have so much doubt now that they cant handle it?   cuz deep down you know it was more luck than judgement last time.    

@Mr Meeseeks