True Vision T.V has to be the most horrible package of channels for any English speaker ever in Thailand...

redwood1

Well the title pretty much says it all.....

Very few to no English speaking channels depending on the time of day..I got the basic T.V package when they installed the internet......Do the more expensive packages have more English speaking channels?

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's True ID TV or the proper TrueVisions, the one that connects into the TV socket?

I did it the other way around. Got Platinum package of TrueVisions and they threw a gigabit fiber in for free. Honestly though, other than technician flipping to CNN when he was doing setup, I haven't turned the thing on since.

Apparently this is the list of channels on Platinum package, with English channels:

- Warner TV

- Paramount Channel

- True Film

- True Film 2

- Fox Action Movies

- Fox Movies

- Fox Family Movies

- AXN

- Lifetime

- Blue Ant Entertainment

- Blue Ant Extreme

- Fashion TV

- Food Network

- Stingray Concerts

- Discovery Asia

- Discovery Channel

- TLC

- Animal Planet

- Disney XD

- Disney Channel

- Cartoon Network

- History Channel

- H2

- National Geographic

- BBC Earth

- CNN

- BBC News

- CNBC

- NHK World

- Al Jazeera English

- DW

- ABC Australia

- Russia Today

- NFL Network

- NBA TV

- Outdoor Channel

- Fox Sports

- Fox Xports 2

- Animal Planet

- Disney Junior

- Nickelodeon

- Love Nature 4K

To me that's not a bad selection...

e32ab3f042f0cab142542f86309a34_160457231

And this is Gold, a few 100 baht cheaper:

f4257c49a03e0132e1b7a4ac4ba31f_160457232

They also have cheaper packages, Super Family:

01f299242ba5fee12753f0555d60cf_160457233

Smart Family:

1b9edb1f913af7948faa483ad58c21_160457234

Sports Family:

fa5fb68cea3c5d7f683da913a054d1_160457233

Happy Family:

66e2e1b3c41e6c9a959a4fe376cbad_160457235

And Enjoy HD:

f7f6223c0e698e5d324139cb07acfa_160457235

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You actually got some good channels and more than I have using the AIS media box.

What is your cost for the platinum package?

Does the "free" Internet deal expire at some point?

I had that package last year for 1,900 baht/month as my only interest was football EPL and other EU leagues, no free internet or anything else at that time, for me it was very expensive and cancelled the deal, got IPTV for much less (250/month) and better choices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You actually got some good channels and more than I have using the AIS media box.

currently my internet is with 3BB but want to change and was thinking about the AIS deal 500/500 for 539 month paying 1 year in advance, how is their service and speed, thanks

Just now, ExpatOilWorker said:

They call it "convergence" or something like that. So basically they charge 799 for the fiber, then they deduct 799 from the Platinum package price of 2190 or so, and give another 10 GB 4G/5G SIM card with 99 baht top up to 20 GB + 100 min talk time. So it's 2190+7% for the lot. Fiber is 1000/200 mbps though but has gouge in app, so it was set to 600/600 instead as Wifi can't push any more through anyway.

As I haven't moved there yet, I am currently using Playbox with... whatever they downgraded Platinum package to after HBO was gone. With 800/500 mbps internet and unlimited 10 mbps SIM it's roughly 1500 baht per month.

So AIS comes out about 800 baht cheaper but could not do more than 250 mbps at new condo so I switched to True.

According to True call center, the deal does not expire, but actual promotions (how much internet speed, mostly) are changing all the time. At the time I requested the installation to the day they installed the upload speed went up by 100 mbps and price dropped 100 baht.

There was no installation charge, although they had to do it twice, as cable coming to the room (there was a fiber socket already there) wasn't working properly, so they went to drag a new cable from the ground floor to nearly top of the tower, which took them 6 hours. Still, despite all cables used, etc. there was no installation charge. When I dealt with True in the past (I got rid of them probably 5+ years ago and switched to 3BB and later AIS) they were a pain to deal with. Service seems to have improved since then.

One thing about Playbox - not sure you have this issue (and it can't be speed problem - 800 mbps must be enough to stream TV), I do have issues of picture freezing on some channels, especially during the early evenings. I would guess True box doesn't stream over internet as it connects to TV socket instead, so that shouldn't be happening. It's not all the time, but still annoying. Resetting the whole thing (fiber modem, router, Playbox) sometimes helps, but often doesn't. That aside, AIS offering (for me, anyway) is more than good enough and if they offered same speed as I have now, I'd have stuck with them.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

currently my internet is with 3BB but want to change and was thinking about the AIS deal 500/500 for 539 month paying 1 year in advance, how is their service and speed, thanks

AIS Internet is rock solid and the media box is great. A bit of news and Discovery is all I need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I am still using AIS FTTH, at 800/500 mbps (started at 100/50 and they kept on upgrading me to this), and it's very stable and lives up to the promise, speed wise. Only thing if you can get ZTE router, it has manufacturer's firmware and gives you full control of setting up guest networks, etc and seems to have less compatibility issues than thinner Huawei (I think) router, which has firmware that only allows one 2.4 and one 5 GHz network and has pretty much no other controls.

3 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

AIS Internet is rock solid and the media box is great. A bit of news and Discovery is all I need.

only need speed 555  to feed my IPTV, same here, news, NatGeo, EPL and sometimes the kid watches some cartoons

if any problem rises is their online service ok and do they have the english option language for help

5 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I am still using AIS FTTH, at 800/500 mbps (started at 100/50 and they kept on upgrading me to this), and it's very stable and lives up to the promise, speed wise. Only thing if you can get ZTE router, it has manufacturer's firmware and gives you full control of setting up guest networks, etc and seems to have less compatibility issues than thinner Huawei (I think) router, which has firmware that only allows one 2.4 and one 5 GHz network and has pretty much no other controls.

currently AIS is advertising a AIS router 6 or a Nokia, couldn't find anything about ZTE (do know their box and like it) but Huawei is out of question

10 minutes ago, Mavideol said:
16 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

only need speed 555  to feed my IPTV, same here, news, NatGeo, EPL and sometimes the kid watches some cartoons

When you say IPTV , how or who do you sign up with or for to be able to watch EPL ?

40 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

if any problem rises is their online service ok and do they have the english option language for help

English skills of AIS call centre staff that I spoke to (twice only in past few years) were excellent. Probably better than most people you'd meet in London.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NE1 said:

When you say IPTV , how or who do you sign up with or for to be able to watch EPL ?

I have a box supplied by a local guy, he's on the satellite/tv business, he supplied the box with 370-390 open channels paid 1,200 baht for the box and free IPTV service until end of the year, after that is 250 baht month, because I live in the South the channels provided are from different sources but all working fine, only draw back some channels are on their original source language and can not change, for me no big deal as I speak/understand 7 different languages, as for EPL many different sources from Kuwait, Russia, Romania, Qatar, UK, Myanmar, India, Malaysia, etc, etc..... if you are in the South (Phang Nga, Trang, Krabi) I would refer him to you

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Mavideol ,

Thanks for that , 

I am sort of central ,

but there is a local guy here who fixes and installs all sorts of Sat. dishes.

I will have a word with him.

if my memory is good, my guy is from Nakhon Ratchasima he still has contacts there and also provides service there. Try to speak with your local guy, usually they know how to do it, some charge up to 500 baht/month (mine only 250) hope you know the guy well as trust is important, try to speak with him when not many people there and good luck

I forgot to say there is a guy down in Pattaya as well, I don't know him personally but my friend uses his services and he's happy with it paying 500 a month

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1