Covid only insurance

yankee99

On 12/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, yankee99 said:

I see roojai and bkk bank are offering standalone covid policies. Any one have input on this or if its a pinned topic a link. thanks 

I think the Bangkok Bank covid insurance is only for Thai nationals

11 hours ago, TyJames said:

Are there any insurances companies covering Falangs who live here in Thailand a Stand Alone  COVID  Insurance with a better coverage than that offered by Roojai?  Thanks

Don't think you would get better1million Baht for under 1000 Baht, it's why I snapped it up

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

But does it cover expenses if you have to quarantine 14 days in the hospital? According to my gf everyone that gets it have to stay 14 days in the hospital?

100000b inpatient and 1000000 outpatient as far as I understand it

Screenshot_20210103-111102.png

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

100000b inpatient and 1000000 outpatient as far as I understand it

Screenshot_20210103-111102.png

Your 

59 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

But does it cover expenses if you have to quarantine 14 days in the hospital? According to my gf everyone that gets it have to stay 14 days in the hospital?

Your post did make md question it. It does say the 1000000  is for treatment of a serious condition. If you are just under observation I guess would come from the 100000b. Hopefully that would be enough. I liked the peace of mind for 830b. My only worry is  there is a 14 day waiting period. I am now on day 3.

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

Your 

Your post did make md question it. It does say the 1000000  is for treatment of a serious condition. If you are just under observation I guess would come from the 100000b. Hopefully that would be enough. I liked the peace of mind for 830b. My only worry is  there is a 14 day waiting period. I am now on day 3.

Don't worry, you'll make it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Don't think you would get better1million Baht for under 1000 Baht, it's why I snapped it up

Sorry I'm getting confused, which one did you go for @ThaiPauIy ???????????? thanks, I want to get my self and Mrs (not married) covered, I'm 67. Thank you sir.

I had a look at the coverage, it looks as though the medical cover is only upto 100,000 Baht with upto 1 million in financial compensation, having said that it's still value for money so got one for me and her indoors, just gotta hunka down for 14 days now, that shouldn't be too difficult considering the way things are going here ????????

17 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I had a look at the coverage, it looks as though the medical cover is only upto 100,000 Baht with upto 1 million in financial compensation, having said that it's still value for money so got one for me and her indoors, just gotta hunka down for 14 days now, that shouldn't be too difficult considering the way things are going here ????????

Is it a fairly simple process to buy online through the Roojai website?

On 1/3/2021 at 2:28 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Sorry I'm getting confused, which one did you go for @ThaiPauIy ???????????? thanks, I want to get my self and Mrs (not married) covered, I'm 67. Thank you sir.

I used Roojai, and brought it through the Thai Visa forum.

Really simple.

It's the "must have" of 2021

• Like 1

I bought through Roojai, policy was posted to me after 3 weeks. Although how they know I don't have COVID is a bit beyond me, unless they have access to a national database, or hospital registers.

AFAIK I have 100,000 baht in cover for admittance to hospital, and if I cark it with the same condition, my GF will get 1 million baht.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I bought through Roojai, policy was posted to me after 3 weeks. Although how they know I don't have COVID is a bit beyond me, unless they have access to a national database, or hospital registers.

AFAIK I have 100,000 baht in cover for admittance to hospital, and if I cark it with the same condition, my GF will get 1 million baht.

Yep, that's my take on it as well, I took out a policy for myself and my girlfriend, 100,000 Baht should provide a decent room and treatment in a Thai hospital, as long as the insurer's don't try to wriggle out of their obligations if push comes to shove. ????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Yep, that's my take on it as well, I took out a policy for myself and my girlfriend, 100,000 Baht should provide a decent room and treatment in a Thai hospital, as long as the insurer's don't try to wriggle out of their obligations if push comes to shove. ????

IMO if one was to die of a heart attack while on a COVID ventilator, that would be deemed the cause of death.

Most insurance companies have whole departments dedicated to weaseling out of claims by any legal pretext available.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On further examination I found that Roojai are together with TIPINSURE.com

Google Tipinsure

If you scroll down on the Tip site they have one more policy at 1950 Baht which is probably at better bet.

AS they say here  "Up to You"

I was looking for a better one at the 5-8,000 Baht premium but there does NOT seem to be any 

8 hours ago, TyJames said:

On further examination I found that Roojai are together with TIPINSURE.com

Google Tipinsure

If you scroll down on the Tip site they have one more policy at 1950 Baht which is probably at better bet.

AS they say here  "Up to You"

I was looking for a better one at the 5-8,000 Baht premium but there does NOT seem to be any 

The 1950 bt policy (Plan IS) has 2 million cover for coma, but only 30k medical expenses. Their 850 baht option (Plan 4) has 1 million for coma but 100k for medical expenses.

It seems that the $100k covid insurance required to enter the country for foreigners isn't available for those already here. 

8 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

The 1950 bt policy (Plan IS) has 2 million cover for coma, but only 30k medical expenses. Their 850 baht option (Plan 4) has 1 million for coma but 100k for medical expenses.

It seems that the $100k covid insurance required to enter the country for foreigners isn't available for those already here. 

I filled in the TGIA online form like I was just about to arrive in Thailand, there premium is nearly 25,000 Baht for the 100KUSD  12 mths coverage but... Like you said ,  for some reason it is NOT available for us already here.

I went with Roojai at 850Baht it gives me some coverage at least .until I can find something better , if anybody does please post it  Thanks Jamez

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I understand the 100,000 is for outpatients or observation. The 1,000,000 is for inpatients. I have posted the info I had on page 1.

Further to this topic of Covid Insurance

Pattaya Specific

Does anybody know the procedure for FALANGS  who suspect that they MAY have covid.

I am perfectly well but on asking my friends nobody knows anything.

I assume that the authorities would NOT want anybody to turn up to Banglamung or Pattaya City Hospitals, Queue up and wait for a Doctor, (How many could you infect this way)

Where is the Covid facility for the Pattaya Area? 

Perhaps the Naval Hospital??

If anybody actually knows please Post    Thank You  Jamez    Pls move to the Pattaya Forum if that is better 

On 1/5/2021 at 11:43 AM, Wongkitlo said:

I understand the 100,000 is for outpatients or observation. The 1,000,000 is for inpatients. I have posted the info I had on page 1.

Presumably this 100,000 would include cover in the event of being hospitalised after a positive covid test (even if no serious symptoms)? I'm guessing this would fall under "observation". 

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Presumably this 100,000 would include cover in the event of being hospitalised after a positive covid test (even if no serious symptoms)? I'm guessing this would fall under "observation". 

Yeah that is how I read it. And if it develops into something nasty the 1000000 covers that

• Like 1