1 Year Multiple Entry

I'm planning on moving to Thailand later this year. I was looking at getting a 1 year multiple entry rather than a non-o because I don't have everything together yet to retire, mainly the 800k. I'm waiting on some pension issues to be resolved, but I can't afford to live in the US on my current pension any longer.

Thing is, I checked the web site for the Royal Thai Embassy in Chicago and they have a form for the non-o, but I can't find the form for the 1 year multiple entry. Is it the same form? If not, is there one online that I can fill out and print and submit? What are the requirements?

I sent an email to the embassy in Chicago and have not heard back.

Thanks

Brian

If you are attempting to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa to stay in Thailand for a few months to check on retirement options I would recommend you use an Honorary Royal Thai Consulate rather than the CG in Chicago.

The visa you want is the "O" visa; but a multi entry valid for one year.

Thanks. As it was told me in an email I could effectively stay in Thailand for 15 months on a 1 year multiple entry by doing a Visa Run every 90 days. Is this true? Because that is my intent.

If it is not true, then what suggestions would you have?

If you are attempting to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa to stay in Thailand for a few months to check on retirement options I would recommend you use an Honorary Royal Thai Consulate rather than the CG in Chicago.

Thanks. As it was told me in an email I could effectively stay in Thailand for 15 months on a 1 year multiple entry by doing a Visa Run every 90 days. Is this true? Because that is my intent.

If it is not true, then what suggestions would you have?

I'm here on a multiple B don't know if the multiple O is the same, I've never dealt with O type visas but I can confirm you do get 15 month. When the 1 year runs out you go out Thailand and on return you will get 3 month hence the 15 month. Hope this helps.

I'm here on a multiple B don't know if the multiple O is the same, I've never dealt with O type visas but I can confirm you do get 15 month. When the 1 year runs out you go out Thailand and on return you will get 3 month hence the 15 month. Hope this helps.

Yep, non-o's work the same.

It is vital that you re-enter the country immediately before the 'must enter before' date. For safety come the day before, some have reported enthusiastic immigration officials taking 'must enter before' totally literally and not permitting entry on the last day :o