Looking for Coconut Farmers in Petchburi or Prachuap Khiri Khan that Don't Use Monkeys

tsk3009

I would expect any coconut suppliers who want to advertise no use of monkeys will be keen to promote the fact if they feel it more profitable. Maybe contact any coconut trade bodies at an export level to see what they say. Possibly an indication of no monkey use will be much higher asking prices for the coconuts. The Thai Coconut Company in Bangkok seems to be fairly responsible in environmental safety so maybe ask them on their monkey policy or potential farm contacts.

Edited by soi3eddie

41 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Don't you just love those conscientious objectors who object to all sort of trial things while over looking other products and services that they use or enjoy that didn't exactly conformed to labor laws and human rights..Oh well..

Then webhave to move to Island and only live by local made chlothes and food. 

Anyway, have to pick your battles ad you discover them, or choose to turn the vlind eye.

I'm looking to source help for the blind and assistance for the security services being able to smell explosives without the punishing use of our canine friends please.

If you have any options please let me know. I'll also pass this message on to Derbyshire Sheep farmers as well as I understand they are looking for a less cruel way of rounding their flocks.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tsk3009 said:

We have consumers and retailers that we need to answer to.

Just tell your consumers and retailers that no monkeys used for coconut harvesting. How would you or they ever know for sure? It's not like there's a stamp put on each coconut say "picked by monkey hands". I've witnessed monkeys harvesting coconuts many times (Chumpon and Surat Thani). Never seen any ill treatment of the animals.

Although Asians have been using trained macaque monkeys to harvest coconuts for about 400 years and little if any cruelty has ever been reported, we have our own perceptions and ideas. Personally, I've stopped eating shrimp as a I know the immigrant labour used in those farms are paid very little for long hours and poor living conditions.  As for concerns about using monkeys, who naturally like being up in trees anyway, I have none. 

But as I said, we all have  own ideas and perceptions, so I would suggest choosing a couple of places that you think may be suitable and covertly taking a look if possible, or just show up unannounced, letting them know you're looking for a commercial supply and request to take a quick look at their operation to be sure it meets your customer's standards.  

Edited by Inn Between

On 1/2/2021 at 12:57 PM, DaLa said:

I'm looking to source help for the blind and assistance for the security services being able to smell explosives without the punishing use of our canine friends please.

If you have any options please let me know. I'll also pass this message on to Derbyshire Sheep farmers as well as I understand they are looking for a less cruel way of rounding their flocks.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: Now what have done, I just spilled my glass of red all over the keypad