Consultant or Partner for a new Street food concept

I am looking for someone who has experience in the street food vendor business in Bangkok and other cities in Thailand.

Concept for a new fast food product is in the last stage of development and ready to launch soon.

What I need is an experienced person who knows the caveats in this business and can consult me on:

1.     the required license (if any) I need and how to get it

2.     the hygienic standards we need to follow

3.     the basic business deals we need to make for a food stand (rental contracts for the outdoor space, daily operation with the setup of the stand, power supply, waste management, etc.)

4.     how to deal with the “service fee“ for the police

5.     a company who can build high quality food stands

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

• Haha 1

If you are not Thai, you cannot have a Thai street vendor business.

Bangkok wishes to remove street food vendors and the goal is to put in  designated  zones in each district. it is in BMA plan. May take many years, but is the plan.

Prime locations are controlled by  organized "Special business" groups. Do not expect them to let you set up shop without paying so much that you cannot make a profit.  I suggest you reconsider and redesign to be located in shopping center food court or outside markets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doctor Martin said:

I am looking for someone who has experience in the street food vendor business in Bangkok and other cities in Thailand.

Concept for a new fast food product is in the last stage of development and ready to launch soon.

What I need is an experienced person who knows the caveats in this business and can consult me on:

1.     the required license (if any) I need and how to get it

2.     the hygienic standards we need to follow

3.     the basic business deals we need to make for a food stand (rental contracts for the outdoor space, daily operation with the setup of the stand, power supply, waste management, etc.)

4.     how to deal with the “service fee“ for the police

5.     a company who can build high quality food stands

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

What are you? a new comer to Thailand? when was the last time you saw a foreigner selling street food? concept restaurant kiosk or eatery, yes, street food, No...

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

What are you? a new comer to Thailand? when was the last time you saw a foreigner selling street food? concept restaurant kiosk or eatery, yes, street food, No...

I've only seen one...when I lived in Thonuri there was a Turkish guy set up selling Donor Kebab sandwiches outside a Chinese Restaurant just down the street from the Mall Thaphra...I don't know if he is still there. I believe his wife (Thai) set him up and they paid the restuarant a fee for renting the space.

A wonderful Spanish bloke and his Thai wife run the paella place in Chatuchak. Quite famous and popular. It's also got a bar, and live DJ spinnin house music. Check it out.

Yeah, for this sort of thing to work you've got to have a good, specialized niche, good location, and savvy Thai partner to negotiate with the locals.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

You see a lot of guys sitting on a stool at their street food kiosk with their missus' working.  Eg. a kebab stand.