Getting Thai Citizenship For My Daughter

kokesaat

My Thai wife and I have a 30yr old US citizen daughter. Is it possible for her to get dual citizenship (sort of like Tiger Woods got his) by virtue of the fact her mother holds Thai citizenship? Now that my wife and I are getting older, we'd like to will our daughter our property here in Thailand......but as a US citizen, my understanding is, she can't own it.

Any help?

Thanks from Udorn

Check this page on the main site for general information. It would probably be easier to start the ball moving at a Consulate in the USA rather than Udorn as few are likely to know the procedures here I suspect. You might contact MFA in Bangkok as they might be able to provide contacts or help. With luck someone with experience will read this and be able to provide further information.

http://www.thaivisa.com/301.0.html

My Thai wife and I have a 30yr old US citizen daughter. Is it possible for her to get dual citizenship (sort of like Tiger Woods got his) by virtue of the fact her mother holds Thai citizenship? Now that my wife and I are getting older, we'd like to will our daughter our property here in Thailand......but as a US citizen, my understanding is, she can't own it.

Any help?

Thanks from Udorn

At 30 years of age she has the capacity to start the process herself in wherever the homeland is. Approach a Thai Embassy or Consulate. Her mother needs to supply proof. Birth etc, and mom's ID and passport to evidence the claim, and it is a breeze. Your information, as supplied, was a bit scant. Go for it.