Visa Run Penang Share Taxi's 4th June

Hi, i intend to go to penang for tourist visa on the 4th june 2007.The last time i went i booked through a visa company.The cost being 11000.So this time i'm doing it myself. If anybody fancys coming along there by cutting the cost on taxis on both sides then i'm in pattaya .Obviously cutting the cost on this side will only work if everyone is traveling from pattaya.I have worked out the cost as around 5500 for one person plus cost of taxi's to & from the airport over here & accomodation over there for the night.Let me know if you are interested my no is 0890631053

Hi, i intend to go to penang for tourist visa on the 4th june 2007.The last time i went i booked through a visa company.The cost being 11000.So this time i'm doing it myself. If anybody fancys coming along there by cutting the cost on taxis on both sides then i'm in pattaya .Obviously cutting the cost on this side will only work if everyone is traveling from pattaya.I have worked out the cost as around 5500 for one person plus cost of taxi's to & from the airport over here & accomodation over there for the night.Let me know if you are interested my no is 0890631053

I'm heading to Penany on Sunday, May 27. My flight leaves BKK at 1355.

I'll just be taking a bus/coach. I posted some timetables in the Pattaya room Pattaya - Airport bus timetables

Why not go to Laos?

1. Penang is a great destination.

2. In Penang I can relax and let an agent take care of the visa for only 200 baht.

3. A one hour flight certainly beats spending all day in a car/bus.

4. Can fly AirAsia for very cheap fares.

A bus to and from the airport, instead of a taxi will help.

In Penang there is a bus from the Kontar that stops close to the consulate. :o

Hi astral, it would not be possable to get a bus to the airport because to fit it all in with just 1 over night stay i have to get the early morning flight which means leaving Pattaya at around 4am for the flight at around 8am & i don't think there is a bus service at that time.It has to be the morning flight in order to get my passport to the embassey before 12 so it will be done for the next day

A bus to and from the airport, instead of a taxi will help.

In Penang there is a bus from the Kontar that stops close to the consulate. :o

Hi astral, it would not be possable to get a bus to the airport because to fit it all in with just 1 over night stay i have to get the early morning flight which means leaving Pattaya at around 4am for the flight at around 8am & i don't think there is a bus service at that time.It has to be the morning flight in order to get my passport to the embassey before 12 so it will be done for the next day

I've got the same problem arriving back to BKK at 8pm when no buses are available.

It just goes to show how poor the bus service to and from the airport is considering this is such a popular tourist destination with so many early and late flights.

Edited by tropo

I did a Pattaya - Penang trip a while back.

I flew, taxied to and from the airport, taxi from airport to consulate and onto hotel (Cititel at around MYR125 per night). Did the same in reverse the following day.

Taxi to airport - 1000

Flight - circa 5000

Taxis in Penang - MYR 45 * 2 (circa Bt450 * 2)

Visa fee - MYR 100 (circa Bt1000)

Hotel - MYR 125 (circa THB 1250)

Food in hotel - circa Bt500

Food at airport in Penang - Bt300 (Nandos)

Taxi back to Pattaya - 1200

All in, door to door around Bt11,150. You could cut down on the taxis by sharing perhaps, not eat, get buses in Penang (where ?), stay cheaper, not eat in the hotel, bus it back to Pattaya etc. but you'd be lucky to shave off a couple of thousand.

I flew, taxied to and from the airport, taxi from airport to consulate and onto hotel (Cititel at around MYR125 per night). Did the same in reverse the following day.

Taxi to airport - 1000

Flight - circa 5000

All in, door to door around Bt11,150. You could cut down on the taxis by sharing perhaps, not eat, get buses in Penang (where ?), stay cheaper, not eat in the hotel, bus it back to Pattaya etc. but you'd be lucky to shave off a couple of thousand.

A question. How did you score a taxi back to Pattaya for 1200?

You can take out from the calculation, because you really need to eat anyway. I'm guessing you're not a 100 baht a day punter in Pattaya.

Taxi to airport - 1000

Flight - circa 5000

A question. How did you score a taxi back to Pattaya for 1200?

You can take out from the calculation, because you really need to eat anyway. I'm guessing you're not a 100 baht a day punter in Pattaya.

Hi,the break down i have is taxi this side return to pattaya 2000 baht,flight 3200,taxi other side 700baht return to airport,1000 baht visa,300 baht for agent to take passport to embassey & return it the next day with visa.A total of 7200 baht.plus whatever price you want to pay for accomadation which is a matter of choice but i have been informed that there is plenty of very good B&Bs at 450 baht a night.Which gives a total of 7650.Shareing taxi's with just one person cuts this down by 1350 Obviously the that share the less it go's.I did not put in the price of food because that again is a matter of choice as is beer ,smoking & women.I only priced the travel arrangements

Hi,the break down i have is taxi this side return to pattaya 2000 baht,flight 3200,taxi other side 700baht return to airport,1000 baht visa,300 baht for agent to take passport to embassey & return it the next day with visa.A total of 7200 baht.plus whatever price you want to pay for accomadation which is a matter of choice but i have been informed that there is plenty of very good B&Bs at 450 baht a night.Which gives a total of 7650.Shareing taxi's with just one person cuts this down by 1350 Obviously the that share the less it go's.I did not put in the price of food because that again is a matter of choice as is beer ,smoking & women.I only priced the travel arrangements

All the agents I've contacted (3) charge only 20 RM to get the visa.

this may be but i was given a figure of 30 which is 300 baht if it is cheeper then i stand to be corrected

this may be but i was given a figure of 30 which is 300 baht if it is cheeper then i stand to be corrected

You're heading over on the June 4, I'll be back by then (leaving on May 27). I've booked an aircon room with Banana Guesthouse. I'll let you know how it goes. If you need any specific info, let me know.

You're heading over on the June 4, I'll be back by then (leaving on May 27). I've booked an aircon room with Banana Guesthouse. I'll let you know how it goes. If you need any specific info, let me know.

cheers mate any extra info is always welcome.Have a good trip