New Airport Aircon Bus Service

Noel

Aircon bus service opened between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Pattaya

Narisa Nitikarn

A direct bus service between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Pattaya has been opened by Transportation Co Ltd, bearing the number 999 and with a one-way ticket priced at 106 baht.

There is now a shuttle bus to take passengers from Pattaya to the new airport, and vice versa.

Transportation Co’s Pramualsak Chandang said the company had obtained the concession from the Ministry of Transportation to operate three routes from the new airport to destinations in Thailand: apart from the Pattaya service there are buses traveling to Rong Kluea Market and to Nong Khai province.

The Pattaya bus terminus is located at the beginning of Soi Chaiyapruk 1, 100 meters away from Jomtien Beach. The officer in charge of the terminus is Chatchawan Charoenwattha.

First-class air-conditioned buses leave here three times per day for Suvarnabhumi Airport, departing at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5 p.m., and departing from the airport for Pattaya at the same time.

Ticket price for a one-way trip is 106 baht per person, with the bus having a capacity of 40 passengers per trip. There are three service officers on board, namely the driver, conductor and hostess. Cold towels and soft drinks are provided, and there is an on-board restroom.

The bus travels a non-stop direct route on the motorway, and takes approximately two hours for the 127-kilometer trip.

Mrs Pinnat Charoenphol, assistant director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand Office Region 3, said the service is a good one and appropriately priced. She has, however, asked if service locations can be opened closer to town, as the terminus is quite a distance from the center. She has also queried if three buses per day with a capacity of 40 persons each will be enough for the high

season, suggesting that extra buses may be necessary.

For more information please contact tel 03823 1142.

Source: Pattaya Mail

There are three service officers on board, namely the driver, conductor and hostess.

The bus travels a non-stop direct route on the motorway, and takes approximately two hours for the 127-kilometer trip.

Mrs Pinnat Charoenphol, assistant director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand Office Region 3, said the service is a good one and appropriately priced. She has, however, asked if service locations can be opened closer to town, as the terminus is quite a distance from the center.

If they are not going to pick up passengers en route through Pattaya, one wonders what the function of the conductor is…? :o

You are right Noel. When I was at their office last week they told me they will not pickup in Pattaya. They have to go down Sukhumvit anyway, you'd think they would be allowed to pickup at Pattaya Tai and Klang at least? Maybe they had their license granted on the proviso they do not compete with the North Pattaya Bus Terminal, who knows. :o

• 2 weeks later...

We used the service from the bus terminal, it's official price is 150 Baht and it's incredibly comfortable bus. But I failed trying to find the same service in the airport to get back to Pattaya. Nobody knows about it (or so they say). I didn't ask in the office beforehand...

We used the service from the bus terminal, it's official price is 150 Baht and it's incredibly comfortable bus. But I failed trying to find the same service in the airport to get back to Pattaya. Nobody knows about it (or so they say). I didn't ask in the office beforehand...

Did you check outside the door 10 at the arrivals? There Bus No 999 picks up passengers to Pattaya/Jomtien Beach. :o

This is great news, though no good for the flight times for me.

The Pattaya bus terminus is located at the beginning of Soi Chaiyapruk 1, Where is this soi, anyone got a map?

It is way down Jomtien Beach:

post-3455-1161320821_thumb.jpg

I used to get the local stopping bus (28 bt) from just round the corner from Bagna T and the first time thought i had got lost when we ended up in Jom Bus Terminal rather than Pattti North but it proved no real problem.

Loads of empty Song Ts going back that way..over the hill and as said first time got dropped at the far end of Beach Rd..near Mermaid for...10 bt (including tip) :D

Local buses are actually OK but never see any faras on them...cheaper thn the normal chara-Bs. :o

I used it last week - Lovely bus, friendly staff and free drinks too, all for 106 baht. The bus will not pick up passengers at the airport, you have to wait outside the airport for the Free Airport Shuttle bus to the bus station.

I have heard that the Bus No 999 picks up passengers to Pattaya/Jomtien Beach just outside door 10 at the arrivals! You mean that is not correct? I have to pick that bus at the Transportation Center? :o

QUOTE(Meg_ken2003 @ 2006-11-03 22:16:07)

I used it last week - Lovely bus, friendly staff and free drinks too, all for 106 baht. The bus will not pick up passengers at the airport, you have to wait outside the airport for the Free Airport Shuttle bus to the bus station.

Where do they drop you of in Pattaya,,??????

I´m getting more and more confused! One person is saying this and another is saying that!

When arrive do I have to take the Shuttle Bus outside the Arrivals and go to the Transportation Center and there take the bus to Pattaya or are there busses outside door 10 takeing passangers straight to Pattaya? Can anyone give me the correct information please!

:o

Well, I have done it this way myself just last week. Coming out of arrivals you will see a sign saying 'Free Shuttle bus to bus station' I asked a guy working there for the bus to pattaya and he said I must go on the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus takes you 5 mins to the Bus Station, where you then get the bus to Pattaya.

The bus stops at Naklua, Pattaya Nua, Pattaya Klang, Pattaya Tai, and Jomtien. All on the sukhumvit near the traffic lights. Just get up at the stop you need.

Well, I have done it this way myself just last week. Coming out of arrivals you will see a sign saying 'Free Shuttle bus to bus station' I asked a guy working there for the bus to pattaya and he said I must go on the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus takes you 5 mins to the Bus Station, where you then get the bus to Pattaya.

The bus stops at Naklua, Pattaya Nua, Pattaya Klang, Pattaya Tai, and Jomtien. All on the sukhumvit near the traffic lights. Just get up at the stop you need.

Oki, then I rely on what you are saying! :o

Edited by fritte

Oki, then I rely on what you are saying!

Note that you may have to wait 2 hours for the next bus if you just missed the last one. I got on the 1pm one... I dont think they do late runs either.

THAT is no problem. I arrive about six in the morning and hopfully a bus is taking off for Pattaya/jomtien at nine. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

How nice if they could have more service locations or pick up points closer to Pattaya town or along Sukhumvit road.

Could someone inform me how do i get to its station at Jomtien Beach? Is there any song tiaws going direct to the station from Sukhumvit road?

How nice if they could have more service locations or pick up points closer to Pattaya town or along Sukhumvit road.

Could someone inform me how do i get to its station at Jomtien Beach? Is there any song tiaws going direct to the station from Sukhumvit road?

This thread is getting more confusing by the minute.

Here's a map of Jomtien that can be read:

post-34982-1178703967_thumb.jpg

Here are some timetables that may help:

This first is the bus that leaves from the North Pattaya bus station. They have their own terminal and office inside the bus station to the right. It's more of a coach than a bus and they claim on this brochure that they leave directly from the Airport Terminal. There is a telephone number on this brochure so someone can call in and find out for sure.

post-34982-1178704024_thumb.jpg

Here is a timetable for the regular Airport bus leaving from the same station in North Pattaya:

post-34982-1178704269_thumb.jpg

Here's the same bus service with the times they leave from the Airport Transportation Centre. You take the free airport shuttle bus to get here directly outside the arrival hall's doors.

post-34982-1178704396_thumb.jpg

Keep in mind that this thread is over 6 months old now.

There is another, more recent thread regarding bus service to from Pattaya/the airport. Bell Travel is operating it. It costs 150 baht (one way), they don't feed you or give you water, but they will drive you to your hotel upon arrival in Pattaya, or pick you up from your hotel and take you to the bus going to the airport.

If you have a specific location in mind, email Sirisong at [email protected]

She can probably set something up for you in regards to an alternate pick up/drop off location.

Bus From Airport To Pattaya

Keep in mind that this thread is over 6 months old now.

There is another, more recent thread regarding bus service to from Pattaya/the airport. Bell Travel is operating it. It costs 150 baht (one way), they don't feed you or give you water, but they will drive you to your hotel upon arrival in Pattaya, or pick you up from your hotel and take you to the bus going to the airport.

If you have a specific location in mind, email Sirisong at [email protected]

She can probably set something up for you in regards to an alternate pick up/drop off location.

Bus From Airport To Pattaya

Kerryd, you seem obsessed with worrying about how old a thread is.

Wake up, I've just posted a timetable for the Bell Travel service above your post, and it includes current telephone numbers. All the timetables I've posted here are new.

Edited by tropo

Wake up, I've just posted a timetable for the Bell Travel service above your post, and it includes current telephone numbers. All the timetables I've posted here are new.

I wouldn't worry about me being awake. :o

In case you didn't notice, I was pointing out to "kuwin" that he was replying to a thread that was not exactly fresh. Maybe you haven't noticed, but things often change quite rapidly, and what was current 6 months ago, was closed down/out of business 3 months later.

And maybe, just maybe, by giving the newbie a point of contact and email address, he might be able make more suitable/convenient arrangements.

Or are you the only one qualified to offer advice in this forum now ?

I wouldn't worry about me being awake. :o

In case you didn't notice, I was pointing out to "kuwin" that he was replying to a thread that was not exactly fresh. Maybe you haven't noticed, but things often change quite rapidly, and what was current 6 months ago, was closed down/out of business 3 months later.

And maybe, just maybe, by giving the newbie a point of contact and email address, he might be able make more suitable/convenient arrangements.

Or are you the only one qualified to offer advice in this forum now ?

Actually Kerryd, as you may or may not have noticed I went to the trouble of posting 2 photos of timetables and a brochure along with a map in this thread. Your reply did nothing more than make the whole thread along with my post seem like useless old information...and then you go and post info about the Bell Travel service when I've actually posted their current brochure. Your reply lead me to believe that you hadn't read any of the thread before you declared it "old".

Maybe you are the only authority here??

Edited by tropo

Actually Kerryd, as you may or may not have noticed I went to the trouble of posting 2 photos of timetables and a brochure along with a map in this thread.

So you posted a photo of their schedule and phone number. Wow. I guess the thread should have been closed after that final, definitive post. And I guess I shouldn't have posted a contact name and email address (which isn't noted on the poster). After all, additional information such as that wouldn't be of use to anyone.

I guess I shouldn't have posted the link to the newer thread in which this topic was also discussed, and which may contain useful information, especially to a new member with a grand total of 1 post to date. After all, everything he should need to know was in your post.

Your reply lead me to believe that you hadn't read any of the thread before you declared it "old".

Well, I could say the same thing about your reply, the first sentence of which: "This thread is getting more confusing by the minute." seemed rather odd, considering the 6 month gap between Nimzo's and kuwin's posts.

Actually, I did read the thread, then noticed the date it was created, and then noticed that it was a new member that brought it back up again

And if you'll note that my post (the one following yours) directly quoted kuwin's post, which was dated over 6 months after the post before it. Seeing that kuwin was a newbie (here on TV at least), I was trying to point out to him that the posts he was responding to were over 6 months old, and therefore the information in those posts may be out-dated.

Maybe you are the only authority here??

:o

I have never made that claim, nor do I claim to know it all.

I am really sorry that my thread had caused a confusion and chaos.

Actually I wanted to go to airport from Pattaya but didn't know how to go about and so I searched the internet and found this website. Based on this post/thread which was really useful and informative, I chose to take the Bell Travel coach that depart from Jomtien Beach last week instead of the other coach service that depart from the North Pattaya station.

Bell Travel really provide a good service and yes they still serve you biscuit and drinks and the fare is still 106 Baht. The only problem is that I didn't know how to go to its station at Jomtien Beach from Sukhumvit road. I then had to trouble my boyfren to send me to the station for me to catch the 1.00 pm coach.

Anyway thanks to Tropo for putting up the map and timetables and Kerryd for the email address and the link to the newer thread.

Peace and no hard feelings. :o