DTAC Refill

baz69er

Hi All,

I have had my DTAC pay as you go sim for over 6 years now & have always made sure that the expiry date never runs out while I am out of the country, I have recently tried to refill my account using my saved credit card & I keep getting the same message (Unable to process transaction please try again. ) I have tried adding another card & I get the same message, I have over 400 baht in credit & it doesn't expire until 1st November 2021, so I'm not too concerned, just wonder what is going on, another strange thing is that when I click on to refill it states that I have zero credit & zero validity period, there is also no refill history etc., 

Wondering whether I should re-install app ? Or is there problems with DTAC? 

Thanks in advance....

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Baz,

Been wondering about this too. First time this month for years I'm getting the same as you on 2 sim accounts.

I'm using the IOS app and in Australia and top up 20 baht each month to keep then active.

I can't ever remember verifying my card and I think dtac are blocking those have not been verified. If you click on your profile top left corner (of IOS app) it shows "Age of use", "dtac Reward" and "My Card".

Click on My Card and you can verify it by sending an OPT code to your mobile number. I don't have the balance to add roaming to the sims so I can receive an SMS so I think I've lost my 2 numbers :(

Have you been able to refill?

7 hours ago, BaanOz said:

Hi Baz,

Been wondering about this too. First time this month for years I'm getting the same as you on 2 sim accounts.

I'm using the IOS app and in Australia and top up 20 baht each month to keep then active.

I can't ever remember verifying my card and I think dtac are blocking those have not been verified. If you click on your profile top left corner (of IOS app) it shows "Age of use", "dtac Reward" and "My Card".

Click on My Card and you can verify it by sending an OPT code to your mobile number. I don't have the balance to add roaming to the sims so I can receive an SMS so I think I've lost my 2 numbers :(

You have been doing it all wrong.

First of all you don't need credit for Roaming in order to use OTP and recieve SMS etc.

Just turn off Data Roaming and leave GSM roaming on by default. Then you can use USSD and receive SMS at no cost.

You should have switched Roaming on before leaving Thailand, but you may be able to contact DTAC to switch it on for you, if they can do it whilst you are out of the country.

Failing all of that, you can simply contact them to convert 36 baht of your phone credit into 12 months of validity. Topping up 20 baht a month was an utter waste of time.

On 1/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, baz69er said:

Hi All,

I have had my DTAC pay as you go sim for over 6 years now & have always made sure that the expiry date never runs out while I am out of the country, I have recently tried to refill my account using my saved credit card & I keep getting the same message (Unable to process transaction please try again. ) I have tried adding another card & I get the same message, I have over 400 baht in credit & it doesn't expire until 1st November 2021, so I'm not too concerned, just wonder what is going on, another strange thing is that when I click on to refill it states that I have zero credit & zero validity period, there is also no refill history etc., 

Wondering whether I should re-install app ? Or is there problems with DTAC? 

Thanks in advance....

Baz

Same as above. Stop wasting your time topping up with credit.

On 1/13/2021 at 12:02 AM, BaanOz said:

Hi Baz,

Hi there,

No I still cant top up, I registered the sim when they first asked for this requirement  by taking my passport along to my local DTAC shop many years ago......

Cheers

Baz

10 minutes ago, baz69er said:

Hi there,

No I still cant top up, I registered the sim when they first asked for this requirement  by taking my passport along to my local DTAC shop many years ago......

Cheers

Baz

As I told you...foreign cards possibly no longer accepted. Easy to look for the different methods of contacting DTAC. Ask them to turn Roaming on(if possible) and Data off.

By chance, I had an update for DTAC app & had a look at the reviews for the App & there where a few reviews having the same problems as me & there where no reply's from DTAC regarding this problem, so to me they are no longer accepting foreign cards anymore, its a shame as I have been DTAC for over 6 years & have been very happy with there service, looks like I will have to look at other service providers, can anyone recommend an alternative to DTAC ?

Cheers

Baz 

On 1/17/2021 at 10:16 AM, Eindhoven said:

As I told you...foreign cards possibly no longer accepted. Easy to look for the different methods of contacting DTAC. Ask them to turn Roaming on(if possible) and Data off.

It Wouldn't make any difference, they have changed there policy.......

I have over 1000b credit with my DTAC but I still lost my number a couple months ago.

They CXD my number because they said I didn't make a call for over a month.

Second time this happens.

First time a couple years ago.

It was a waste of time to have to update PayPal, Facebook, banks, etc.

This time my Thai wife managed to get it back after much blabla but they admonished me that from now on I must make at least a couple calls a month.

This must be a recent requirement as I used to go on vacation for months at a time in the US and Europe without losing my DTAC number even though I made no calls with my DTAC phone while away.

Unlike my wife I have very little use for my mobile.

Up to a  few years ago when I as living in BKK I had a TOT landline number.

10 hours ago, jayceenik said:

I have over 1000b credit with my DTAC but I still lost my number a couple months ago.

This time my Thai wife managed to get it back after much blabla but they admonished me that from now on I must make at least a couple calls a month.

This must be a recent requirement as I used to go on vacation for months at a time in the US and Europe without losing my DTAC number even though I made no calls with my DTAC phone while away.

Erm...are you sure? Many of us have had the same number for years, without making a call. Seems strange that you have this caveat when others do not. Are you sure you were on top of your validity date responsibility?

I have had the same problem...not being able to use online refill. Tried several times yesterday with 2 Thai debit cards, both of which have been accepted before. Both failed. Rang dtac. Said "no problem' their end. Rang one of the banks. "No problem" their end, try again tomorrow, (today). Same issues, both online and on their app.

Dtac no longer accept non Thai banks, but I am using Thai bank cards.

I have reported again to them this morning.77654139_Screenshot(202).png.aea1aee2d2b4cad4c99e35d4e5ef2f45.png77654139_Screenshot(202).png.aea1aee2d2b4cad4c99e35d4e5ef2f45.png

Dtac.thumb.jpg.a5701aa288d3e23c0021b99050abece9.jpg

Will go in and pay by cash.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I have had the same problem...not being able to use online refill. Tried several times yesterday with 2 Thai debit cards, both of which have been accepted before. Both failed. Rang dtac. Said "no problem' their end. Rang one of the banks. "No problem" their end, try again tomorrow, (today). Same issues, both online and on their app.

Dtac no longer accept non Thai banks, but I am using Thai bank cards.

I have reported again to them this morning.77654139_Screenshot(202).png.aea1aee2d2b4cad4c99e35d4e5ef2f45.png77654139_Screenshot(202).png.aea1aee2d2b4cad4c99e35d4e5ef2f45.png

Dtac.thumb.jpg.a5701aa288d3e23c0021b99050abece9.jpg

Will go in and pay by cash.

No Boontherm devices where you live?

10 hours ago, samtam said:

Not sure why I need Boontherm. My credit is being used up by usage, so I need to top it up. I did not mention validity extension, if that's what you are referring to.

You can top up at a Boontherm machine; quick and convenient. I didn't mention validity extension....that is you.

Thanks for all your helpful information to me and others with Dtac online and app top ups. Always very handy to have input from someone who knows this information as well as you do.

I am not familiar with Boontherm, but from this on another post, I imagine topping up THB3,000 might take quite a long time. I seem to recall a similar machine at Dtac which only allowed top up of THB100 per time, so I presume I would have to make 30 transactions.

On 9/16/2020 at 3:57 PM, Eindhoven said:

You can start any SIM with one year validity by using an orange Boontherm machine, found in front of 7-11 or Family Mart. Choose Mobile Top Up, tap in your number and choose the 10 baht option(costing 12 baht). Then put a 100 baht note into the machine. It will state that you have 88 baht of credit at the end of the operation.

Repeat the same steps as above, noting that the machine will recognise that you have 88 baht of credit and will simply deduct the 12 baht each time from that. You'll note that each time 30 days of validity will be added to the total. Keep going until the date is 365 days from the current day's date.

Then, once at home, you can further extend by tapping in the codes above, as long as you have topped up the SIM with some credit before leaving(you should still have more than 100 baht of credit from the Boontherm transactions.

42 minutes ago, samtam said:

Thanks for all your helpful information to me and others with Dtac online and app top ups. Always very handy to have input from someone who knows this information as well as you do.

I am not familiar with Boontherm, but from this on another post, I imagine topping up THB3,000 might take quite a long time. I seem to recall a similar machine at Dtac which only allowed top up of THB100 per time, so I presume I would have to make 30 transactions.

I went to 7-11 and paid THB3,000 in cash at the counter, (in three transactions). No fee. there was no Boontherm machine. We're back in the C20th....cash transactions, at a shop.

Another Dtac user, who is a member of our condo staff here, said the app quite often doesn't work for her, so she pays by bank transfer, (but Dtac does not accept transfers from all banks, including the one I use).

A pity a communications company cannot maintain its online or app payment system. But hey ho...  

1 hour ago, samtam said:

3000 baht is more than expected. I haven't tested a Boontherm device with that amount.

What do you get for 3,000 baht?

On 1/27/2021 at 6:40 AM, samtam said:

Call 1stmin 2B next1B/min Net1B/min SMS 3B MMS 5B

Example for instance being DTAC charging 963 baht for 90 days of unlimited 10 Mbps on existing SIMs, as opposed to their usual 1926 baht.

Of course some might choose the option of one of the annual SIM deals and porting their number. But maybe there is something I have missed in trying to understand why someone would top up 3000 baht and use it on the most expensive base plan that I have ever seen in Thailand. Usually closer to 1 baht per minute on calls. Change your base plan at least. Usually costs 30 baht.

On 1/27/2021 at 11:55 AM, samtam said:

I went to 7-11 and paid THB3,000 in cash at the counter, (in three transactions). No fee. there was no Boontherm machine. We're back in the C20th....cash transactions, at a shop.

Another Dtac user, who is a member of our condo staff here, said the app quite often doesn't work for her, so she pays by bank transfer, (but Dtac does not accept transfers from all banks, including the one I use).

A pity a communications company cannot maintain its online or app payment system. But hey ho...  

After much badgering and a conference call with Dtac and my bank (card issuer), Dtac have now fixed their online and app refill facility. First notified them on Monday, and daily, including a visit to my bank, and yesterday they asked again for screenshots of the "failed" notice. So, good news for those who like to transact in these ways.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, Eindhoven said:

?? Why not get an all in package? Nothing out there to fit your needs?

On 1/28/2021 at 5:42 PM, Eindhoven said:

Example for instance being DTAC charging 963 baht for 90 days of unlimited 10 Mbps on existing SIMs, as opposed to their usual 1926 baht.

Of course some might choose the option of one of the annual SIM deals and porting their number. But maybe there is something I have missed in trying to understand why someone would top up 3000 baht and use it on the most expensive base plan that I have ever seen in Thailand. Usually closer to 1 baht per minute on calls. Change your base plan at least. Usually costs 30 baht.

The package I have was best suited to my needs when I applied for it. I will go into their Paragon shop when I have time - they have a very helpful member of staff there - and see whether there's something better for my needs. I get an almost daily bombardment of packages on my phone's sms, and I have no idea what they are for...mostly high speed internet, which I don't need. I just make and receive calls and use mobile data most days when I'm out, but not when I'm at home, because I have 2 fibre optic wifi packages in my apartment.

Edited by samtam

1 hour ago, samtam said:

The package I have was best suited to my needs when I applied for it. I will go into their Paragon shop when I have time - they have a very helpful member of staff there - and see whether there's something better for my needs. I get an almost daily bombardment of packages on my phone's sms, and I have no idea what they are for...mostly high speed internet, which I don't need. I just make and receive calls and use mobile data most days when I'm out, but not when I'm at home, because I have 2 fibre optic wifi packages in my apartment.

What package? That is just a base package that comes with every SIM. A horrible base package at that.

No. Don't do that. The best deals are outside the DTAC shops with the independent distributors.

You are just wasting money for nothing.

Ridiculous when you can buy a DTAC SIM with unlimited 10 Mbps(1.25 MB/s) mobile data and unlimited DTAC to DTAC calls for one year for 1290 baht.

It's not just about the money. If you have too much and want to give it away to DTAC, why not just give it to someone who is really down on their luck?

Better you discuss your needs here. This is where the insider knowledge resides; not with DTAC shop staff; however helpful they might be.

On 1/25/2021 at 3:36 AM, jayceenik said:

That's new to me, but will take it on board as I don't want to lose my number, I've always made sure over the years that the validity period would never run out & I never made any calls while in the u.k, I will make a few short calls just to make sure......