DTAC Refill

baz69er

On 1/30/2021 at 11:24 AM, samtam said:

I just make and receive calls and use mobile data most days when I'm out, but not when I'm at home, because I have 2 fibre optic wifi packages in my apartment.

These are my needs.

2 hours ago, samtam said:

These are my needs.

First thing that I would do is to change the base plan: Call 1stmin 2B next1B/min Net1B/min SMS 3B MMS 5B

All very poor. Calls are too expensive and Internet is charged simply for having it on, so if data is switched on, your credit will disappear at an amazing rate. So get rid of that. Better to pay for the data you use, as opposed to just being connected. Worse still it's probably limited to 384 kbps if memory serves correctly.

I have moved my DTAC SIM on to the Go Plearn base plan: Call 0.69 baht min Net free 64 kbps SMS 3B MMS 3B Cost 30 baht to switch. *103*55*9# and then the dial key, applies the new base plan.

Straight away your calls costs are reduced by 65% and there will none of your credit disappearing just because you have data switched on.

Once you have applied that; we can look at data...

The unlimited 10 Mbps deal for 963 baht for 90 days(today is the last day that you can apply for it) is a good offer, when you consider that is costs 800 baht for 90 days of unlimited 1 Mbps.

The unlimited 10 Mbps pack in in the bottom right hand corner of this page: https://ddch.dtac.co.th/MobileAdsSite/gateway/ReZ2g#

There are better deals for new SIMs, but that will involve porting your number if you want to keep it.

6 hours ago, samtam said:

These are my needs.

If you do get to click on the 900 baht + VAT deal for 90 day  unlimited 10 Mbps DTAC deal to which I linked, before midnight; I think that you may be able to stack them up;  that is, buy  2 in succession for 180 days. though confirm with DTAC in case I mis-translated.

Edited by Eindhoven

19 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

First thing that I would do is to change the base plan: Call 1stmin 2B next1B/min Net1B/min SMS 3B MMS 5B

All very poor. Calls are too expensive and Internet is charged simply for having it on, so if data is switched on, your credit will disappear at an amazing rate. So get rid of that. Better to pay for the data you use, as opposed to just being connected. Worse still it's probably limited to 384 kbps if memory serves correctly.

I have moved my DTAC SIM on to the Go Plearn base plan: Call 0.69 baht min Net free 64 kbps SMS 3B MMS 3B Cost 30 baht to switch. *103*55*9# and then the dial key, applies the new base plan.

Straight away your calls costs are reduced by 65% and there will none of your credit disappearing just because you have data switched on.

Once you have applied that; we can look at data...

The unlimited 10 Mbps deal for 963 baht for 90 days(today is the last day that you can apply for it) is a good offer, when you consider that is costs 800 baht for 90 days of unlimited 1 Mbps.

The unlimited 10 Mbps pack in in the bottom right hand corner of this page: https://ddch.dtac.co.th/MobileAdsSite/gateway/ReZ2g#

There are better deals for new SIMs, but that will involve porting your number if you want to keep it.

17 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

If you do get to click on the 900 baht + VAT deal for 90 day  unlimited 10 Mbps DTAC deal to which I linked, before midnight; I think that you may be able to stack them up;  that is, buy  2 in succession for 180 days. though confirm with DTAC in case I mis-translated.

Only just seen your messages, so missed the deadline.

1 minute ago, samtam said:

Only just seen your messages, so missed the deadline.

I expected that you would...even though I posted about the 10 Mbps deal on Thursday.

Anyway, there is no deadline on changing the base pack. You can still do that now and then discuss your data needs in order to find the data pack most suited to your usage pattern. 

• 4 weeks later...

I tried mobile banking but it required an OTP which I can't receive because my SIM roaming is disabled.

I also tried a Thai credit debit and I thought it was going to work, but it also asked an OTP at the end... So frustrating...

My old SIM's roaming was enabled, but I lost it and got a new one. And I forgot to enable roaming for it.  Too bad...

I think I'll have to call them to enable roaming. Or ask someone to top up at 7-11 for my SIM.

I think what DTAC is trying to do is to get rid of SIMs owned by foreigners who don't live in Thailand. Then sell those ridiculously expensive tourist SIMs on arrival at the airport from next visit. I guess they won't sell SIMs without those packages at the airport.

Edited by Shane77

1 hour ago, Shane77 said:

I tried mobile banking but it required an OTP which I can't receive because my SIM roaming is disabled.

I also tried a Thai credit debit and I thought it was going to work, but it also asked an OTP at the end... So frustrating...

My old SIM's roaming was enabled, but I lost it and got a new one. And I forgot to enable roaming for it.  Too bad...

I think I'll have to call them to enable roaming. Or ask someone to top up at 7-11 for my SIM.

Do you have any credit on the SIM? If not, I can put 20 baht on it for you. Then you can call them to ask them to activate Roaming and to use 15 baht to extend the SIM by six months.

22 minutes ago, Shane77 said:

I think what DTAC is trying to do is to get rid of SIMs owned by foreigners who don't live in Thailand. Then sell those ridiculously expensive tourist SIMs on arrival at the airport from next visit. I guess they won't sell SIMs without those packages at the airport.

Not at all. That is just paranoia. If you had Roaming enabled and planned ahead it would not be an issue.

Also you can buy Tourist SIMs without a package for 49 or 50 baht. They just don't put them in front of your face unless you ask. It's a sales outlet and I'm sure the airport space is expensive. So they prefer if you spend a bit more. They all do the same thing there.

11 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Do you have any credit on the SIM? If not, I can put 20 baht on it for you. Then you can call them to ask them to activate Roaming and to use 15 baht to extend the SIM by six months.

Thank you for your offer, but I could extend enough as I mentioned previously. I'll enable roaming anyway though.

11 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Not at all. That is just paranoia. If you had Roaming enabled and planned ahead it would not be an issue.

Also you can buy Tourist SIMs without a package for 49 or 50 baht. They just don't put them in front of your face unless you ask. It's a sales outlet and I'm sure the airport space is expensive. So they prefer if you spend a bit more. They all do the same thing there.

Then why do you think this issue is taking so long? Simply a payment gateway issue in their software for like 2 months while they are losing the opportunity to collect easy money online?

I think a lot of people would just buy one of those packages if they can't top up & extend online by credit card. Not me, though.

3 hours ago, Shane77 said:

Then why do you think this issue is taking so long? Simply a payment gateway issue in their software for like 2 months while they are losing the opportunity to collect easy money online?

I think a lot of people would just buy one of those packages if they can't top up & extend online by credit card. Not me, though.

3 hours ago, Shane77 said:

I don't understand what package you want to buy if you are in Australia. Seems it works for others.

On 2/25/2021 at 3:42 AM, Eindhoven said:

I don't understand what package you want to buy if you are in Australia. Seems it works for others.

Just tried now & its still not working, I wonder how many other foreigners who are stuck in there home country's that cant top up there DTAC sim to extend there validity & will not only lose there number but also there credit.....

On 2/24/2021 at 12:29 PM, Eindhoven said:

I've always had roaming enabled and also planned ahead for the last 6 years, but for some reason this year with thousands or foreigner's being stranded in there home countries & unable to return they will lose there number & there credit if this was there only means of topping up & if DTAC really cared about there customers they would of sorted this out, you've only got to look on the reviews on the play store for the DTAC app & see, not once has DTAC answered to any of the negative reviews.........

8 hours ago, baz69er said:

I've always had roaming enabled and also planned ahead for the last 6 years, but for some reason this year with thousands or foreigner's being stranded in there home countries & unable to return they will lose there number & there credit if this was there only means of topping up & if DTAC really cared about there customers they would of sorted this out, you've only got to look on the reviews on the play store for the DTAC app & see, not once has DTAC answered to any of the negative reviews.........

Seriously, waaay too much drama. Send me the number via PM and I'll top it up for you. Life is too short for you to stress yourself out over such small things.

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Seriously, waaay too much drama. Send me the number via PM and I'll top it up for you. Life is too short for you to stress yourself out over such small things.

Thanks for kind gesture, but im all good thanks, topped up & the validity date is up till the end of the year.

15 minutes ago, baz69er said:

Thanks for kind gesture, but im all good thanks, topped up & the validity date is up till the end of the year.

Not a problem. Hopefully you can get them to apply Roaming if you haven't already done so. Then you can just use USSD codes to keep validity going ad infinitum.