At a glance: Thai map shows 54 provinces with Covid-19

webfact

At a glance: Thai map shows 54 provinces with Covid-19

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported - with the aid of a handy map - that 54 of the country's provinces now had coronavirus cases. 

Thailand has 76 provinces and one special administrative area, Bangkok. 

The unaffected areas were mostly border areas in the north and north-east. 

The media said that the country has now had 8,439 cases, 65 deaths and that 4,087 remain hospitalized. 

There were 745 new cases reported Monday with 577 of these brought in by migrants and 21 in quarantine facilities. So 152 were local transmission cases. 

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 8,439, with 65 deaths. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-04

25 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

How do they define "brought in"?  Are all 577 illegal entries?  If so heads should roll!  I guess that a few came in without quarantine and the rest caught the virus by being in close proximity with their fellow countrymen.  Outrageous xenophobia by the report writer, I believe! I thought that there were laws against this!

I think that there's a human pipeline involved and so far the authorities have been unwilling unable to find the stopcock.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

for the last 2 days the government started to show foreigners in the daily statistics. For some 2 weeks they were treated us inhuman. 

They were rounded up in dormitories and in makeshift quarantine camps, virus positives with negatives, and surrounded by barb wire 

Apart from all that, how are you liking your chosen new home?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

...there's a human pipeline involved and so far the authorities have been unwilling unable to find the stopcock.

It's the old Pogo cartoon from the Vietnam era: "We have met the enemy & they are us!"

Even if we get up to 10-18k Covid infections a day, as some docs predict this month & next, a token few might be transferred quietly to 'inactive posts'. And new pigs will step up to the trough.

These selfish & greedy men already have blood on their hands.

Heads don't roll in Thailand!

• Like 2