Thailand: A warm welcome to the top 40 world-ranking BWF players

webfact

A warm welcome to the top 40 world-ranking BWF players

By The Nation

800_e172e45bbdf8351.jpg?v=1609814776

First time in history

Thailand is hosting three world-ranking badminton tournaments from 4 - 31 January, 2021, at the IMPACT Arena Exhibition and Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani (Bangkok, Thailand).

Health safety ensuring measures for Badminton players

Thonburi Bamrungmuang Hospital, the leading medical center of Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG), has been selected to provide the athletes and related staff with the medical and healthcare services that are in accordance with the standards of the Badminton World Federation as well as the regulations of the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

Starting from body temperature screenings at check-in, THG will conduct medical procedures in compliance with the regulations of the Department of Disease Control, and will adhere to the Organizational Quarantine (OQ) guidelines throughout the 14-day quarantine period.

All athletes and related staff members will undergo a total of eight COVID-19 tests and will be required to stay in the designated locations throughout the competition, where some of them are to stay for a period of up to one month.

Global confidence in the proficiency of the Thai medical system

Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) would like to express our great appreciation to the Department of Disease Control, the Sports Authority of Thailand, and the Badminton Association of Thailand under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King for entrusting THG with this important mission. This assignment reflects the global confidence in the efficiency of the Thai medical system.

Logo%20new.JPG

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400699

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-05

An explosion of COVID and lockdowns etc announced and this lot hold a world badminton tournament ! How has the country ever made it this far in the world ?

I would highly doubt they are willing to go through 14 days ASQ just to play in a tournament ????

I am not one to usually make glib ‘where are the face masks etc’ comments but this is an ill-advised photo-op given current government restrictions for Thai citizens and those living here. 

Particularly ill-advised, as I note our esteemed Health Minister front and center in the picture.

Anutin must have purchased an ‘express quarantine’ package, last I heard, after close contact with infected persons, he was on 14 days home isolation which started 28 December....

• Like 1

The only reason I bothered to read this was; I had no idea what BWF stood for! 

I will spare you my imaginative constructs, I am sure you can coin your own.

What a yawn...........

• Haha 1