Schools closing 14 days?

madmitch

Thai Facebook apparently has many reports that schools will be closing in Phuket from 7th January for 2 weeks due to the fact that several students will have visited red COVID zones at New Year.

If true surely an over the top reaction. Why not just tell those that have travelled to stay away and isn't the damage already done with schools already open for two days plus tomorrow?

We'll no doubt find out more later. Could it be fake news?

All schools in Surat Thani were  last night ordered to close from 5th to 18th. Maybe Phuket is following similar advice.

Also all bars, pubs, karaokes can stayopen until 12, but no alcohol allowed for sale. anywhere,  Can buy takeaway to drink at home from supermarkets etc..

Edited by phetphet

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My daughters school in Pattaya is now closed until 31/1, I imagine that date will expand for longer

Not only Pattaya, I am in Lopburi ,like you schools  closed until the end of the month ,the way things are going it will be nationwide soon ,and could be longer. 

It is true, we recieved notice last evening from my kids school Headmaster. As madmitch said "damage already done" couldn't be more true. This appears to be another do anything, rather than doing the right thing. 

Its an absurd measure they only take to look busy and it will not help one bit with stopping the spread of a virus that MIGHT be going around in Phuket. Every other place is still open, so instead of sending my kids to school we will now go to playgrounds, the aquarium, and waterparks. And parents will go to restaurants, pubs, and nightclubs. How is this helping in any way? 

They claim its a "preventive measure", but will schools re-open on the 20th again? What if there are 20 covid cases by then, or 18, or 10, or 3?

Covid is either going around on Phuket in which case you decide to OR close everything (including entrance to the island) or close nothing.
Or Covid is not going around in which case you should close nothing.

• Like 1